Stayed just one night and it is a fabulous location, a 10 minute walk from the bus. The rooms are OK, but a couple would want a two bedded rooms, otherwise one of you would have to clamber over the other to get out of bed. Good showers, but wifi does not work in the rooms or dining room. We had to sit by reception, which is partially open to the elements to get a signal.
The food is adequate, we took the meal plan, and to be honest eveything was mean, portion size and variety, but there are no other options. Bring a sweater, because it was chilly and their was no heating in the restaurant.
The ruins are fab, you can easily do it in a full day. They open at 7.30am, so it great to get their early, particularly to climb up the Sun Pyramid before the sun gets too high.
We caught the bus from Mexico City, it took about 1 1/2 hours and was only 35 pesos - easy to do, felt totally safe and people were very helpful. Buses leave every 15 minutes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villas Arqueologicas Teotihuacan stands at the end of the Calzada de los Muertos (Avenue of the Dead), an ancient road at the center of Teotihuacan's archaeological site, one of the most important and beautiful in the world. Over the same roadway stands the magnificent Piramide del Sol (Pyramid of the Sun), arguably Mexico's most recognized landmark. Teotihuacan is located 26 miles northeast of Mexico City along the Mexico-Piramides highway, an excellent toll road built specifically to provide direct access to Teotihuacan from the city. The typical drive time is approximately one hour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Villas Arqueologicas Teotihuacan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Arqueologicas Teotihuacan Hotel San Juan Teotihuacan
- Hotel Arqueologicas Teotihuacan