See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 7, 2017

I think this is where I stayed in 1963. It was then owned by Frank Lowenstein and I was employed making jewelry. A very nice stay with many trips to the pyramids. I also helped in the bar some evenings and heard many stories from the students from Pennsylvania studying the pyramids at Teotihuacan.

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed November 22, 2016

Posada Colibrí is a good place to stay if you're going to the pyramids, 3 minutes away from the archaeological site

It's not a luxury hotel but it serves its purpose: get a clean place to stay, at a good price.

It has a small parking space and often one car gets in the way of others, so be careful with that.

The hotel helped book a packaqe to travel in a hot aire balloon and it was amazing! They pick you up at the hotel, so it's worth asking for this service as well.

It was a cold weekend and the room doesn't get much sunlight, but it had enough covers to help fight cold.

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2016

This trip was a long weekend for my 65th birthday. We arrived at the Mexico City Airport and picked up our Avis rental car. We had decided to be adventurous and to drive the hour to San Juan Teotihuacan. Driving in the area of Mexico City is quite exciting, but, with only minor issues, we were soon looking for our hotel, Posada Calibri. At no time did we feel unsafe while driving between Mexico City and Teotihuacan. We used our Maps.me phone app for GPS guidance to avoid unnecessary phone charges. As other reviews have noted, the hotel is not easy to find, as it is a walled hacienda. After a couple of misses, we found ourselves on the right street and saw two sidewalk signs for the hotel and spa, in front of an arched, gated entryway. I asked a nearby merchant how to get the attention of reception. She walked down the street with me and reached through the gate, where there was a well-hidden string (on the right side) to ring a bell for attention. With that logistic challenge behind us, we were inside the walls of the Posada Calibri. We were able to upgrade our basic room to a larger room with a sitting area for a fairly small upcharge. Our bed was comfortable and the space heater in the room helped with the chill of the overnight temps (upper 30’s to low 40’s). Although the reception staff did not speak English (and my Spanish was not as good as I had hoped), with the help of Google-Translate, we were able to book massages (truly, the best massages we’ve had while traveling) and a hot air balloon ride over the Teotihuacan pyramids (incredible, see separate review). That almost no one that we encountered in the town spoke English did surprise us. But, everyone was very pleasant and tried to be helpful. I definitely need to improve my Spanish, before our trip to Spain next year. We really enjoyed the sense of history and authenticity that the Posada Calibri offered. If you are looking for modern creature comforts, perhaps Hotel Quinto Sol would be a better choice. But, we were very happy that we opted for the Posada Calibri.

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2016

Arrived late and was hard to find as it is hidden away by high walls. The beautiful lady who checked us in spoke great english and was very helpful. Rooms are traditional and very clean. Restaurant is great too. Lovely man who worked at posada dropped us off and picked us up from Piramids. He was so polite and helpful. Such lovely relaxing setting. Would stay here again in a hearbeat. Central to main township. Security is great. Gates locked. Felt very safe.

Room Tip: There are rooms in separate buildings. Felt very safe and secure.
  • Stayed: April 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2015

Looking for a place to spend 3 nights near Teotihuacan, we booked at this friendly B&B that also offers spa treatments. Being fall, the pool was closed, but we had two nice massages. The room was large, the only downside being the bathroom that lacked appropriate ventilation. The Mexican breakfast was generous, and the staff very friendly, but speaking some Spanish certainly helped us!

Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple