“Amazing View” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Posada Mandala

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Patzcuaro
Posada Mandala
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Patzcuaro
Rio del Mar, California
“Amazing View”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2010

My wife and I recently spent 5 days in Patzcuaro, Mexico at the Posada Mandala. It is located in a particularly lovely area of town and is an easy walk to all of the main sights and squares. There is a lovely, plant and art filled central courtyard here, and guests have full access to the kitchen and dining room. We stayed in Rooms 4/6 which are separate rooms, but connected by a door. Both rooms had very large windows, with the most amazing view we have ever experienced in any place we have stayed. The rooms are basic, clean and simply furnished. Ours also had a private bathroom.

The owner, Enrique Garnica Portillo, who also happens to be a writer, was a most gracious and engaging host. He is glad to help make your stay a pleasant one and will answer any questions you might have.

Contact for Enrique & Posada Mandala is:
email - engapo@hotmail.com
website – www.paginasprodigy.com/posadamandala
Tel: - From the US – 011-52-434-342-4176
Address – Lerin 14, Col. Centro (across the street from the 11 Patios)

Paul Henri

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2010

If your looking for clean, great location, quiet and affordable, this is your home away from home. Just the basics, but i felt comfortable and safe staying at Posada Madala. The owner Enrique was pleasant and helpful and i met other pleasant guest during my stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2010

All the things said about Don Enrique and his Posada are true. When we arrived he and his daughter were waiting and were very welcoming. The room upstairs slept my husband and I in one part of the room with a separate door sort of a alcove my 23 year old son slept. We had our own private balcony that looked over the rooftops of the city. The Plazas were a short walk away and Patzcuaro is such a beauitiful treasure of a city to behold. I wish I could have talked more to Don Enrique he was very interesting and had a great way about him! He has a small dining and kiychen area with self service.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2010

A friend of ours has been staying here for several years when he visits Patzcuaro and highly recommened we give it a try. This was our first time visiting this lovely puebla and we wanted to check it out and also celebrate our daughter's sixth birthday. We easily found our way to the hotel and the owner Enrique was out front to greet us. Enrique and his daughter Vanessa are both warm and friendly people and made us feel right at home. Our room on the second floor was bright and comfortable and had a nice patio with a great view of the 300 year old church across the street. The location of the hotel is perfect, about a block and a half from the bustling centro and easy walking distance to all kinds of wonderful sites and restaraunts. We are a family of three and restaraunts are not always within our budget, so having the use of the hotels well equiped kitchen was a huge bonus! Enrique also allowed us to have our daughter's birthday party at the hotel and a good time was had by all! Being a dog friendly hotel was a big plus for us as well.We highly recommend Posada Mandala and look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Oaxaca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2010

Planned to stay 2 nights, stayed 4, we liked it so much! The Posada is beautiful, traditionally decorated, very convenient to the Plaza Grande, and Enrique is kind and helpful. There is a kitchen guests may use, free wi-fi, drinking water, books and games to borrow. A vacation from our vacation:)

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2010

Traveling solo, I think I demand more of my environment than I would if I were with others. Posada Mandala gave me peace, comfort, security, convenience and such JOY! Enrique, the host, is a lovely man. He speaks some English, and I some Spanish, so we managed, and he helped me with planning my daily excursions ( to Tzintzuntzan and Santa Clara de Cobre-- both of which no one visiting the area should miss). He always gave a friendly wave if I spotted him through his window on my return (he's in a wheelchair, so spends much time in his quarters), and would check to make sure everything was well and I was seeing everything he thought I should.
As far as the accommodations themselves, there are 5 or 6(?) rooms only. I stayed in room #5 which is only accessed by a narrow iron spiral staircase, but if you don't have much luggage, I recommend this room highly. The view, the balcony, the room.. all so lovely-- clean, spacious and quite well appointed for budget accommodation.( 4 (2 single beds)and 6 (double bed) are also nice upper rooms which adjoin each other and share a bath. These are accessed from regular stairs from opposite side)
POsada Mandala is just a block up from the the Plaza Grande (main square) and to get there, you walk up the road that takes you past La Casa de Once Patios, with Artisans and shops, just a block away. A couple of blocks to the east, there is the Basilica which bustles every morning with a market. I had corundas there each morning for breakfast. A great spot to enjoy a slice of Mexican culture.

I can't recommend Posada Mandala more highly-- I was there for 3 nights, slept well, woke to great views and felt safe and content at every moment.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2010

This a lovely small inn in a perfect location. The owner, who lives on site, is very friendly and helpful. Our room was simple but very clean and with lots of colonial charm - nice old beamed ceilings. The upstairs rooms are very nice as they have the great view, although the downstairs courtyard is also quite pleasant. This would be a good choice a for a group of friends traveling together. The hotel is a very good value. You can stay at more "elegant" places in town, but you will pay twice as much. Personally I would not want to stay at one of those hotels on the square - for us it was lovely to stay on a nice residential side street and still be just a block away from the center.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple