“Quiet welcoming centrally located B & B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ajijic
Estrellita's Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 26 Ajijic B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 11, 2011

Charming small B & B with wonderful decor. Lorraine (owner) is wonderful and accomodating. It is located next to the Lake Chapala Society and is walking distance to the square, and lots of shopping and restaurants. There is a living room with flat screen TV and DVDs and free wi-fi. There are also 2 charming patios for guest use inculding BBQs or small parties. This is small intimate B & B with comfortable beds, effiecient daily maid service, and fresh breakfast daily. It's like visiting a friend. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 6, 2011

My friend and I traveled from Florida to see about retirement to the Chapala area & attend a wedding in Vallarta. Lorraine made us feel like family, and attended to our every need without compromising our privacy.

The rooms were beautifully appointed, the beds were GREAT (and I am fussy about beds!), and the common areas wonderfully decorated. it was easy to meet other visitors at breakfast, and it was OK to bring eggs and cook them for breaksfast to supplement the fresh fruit, coffee, and bread that are served at breakfast every day.

I will certainly stay there again when I return, if I need time to look for a casita. It was a great experience.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank KissMissPriss
Reviewed February 28, 2011

This was a real gem of a place. The owner, Lorraine was very special, our room was great, and we would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 26, 2011

Great B&B. Beautiful rooms, lush and lovely garden, good breakfast, wonderful innkeeper, sweet dogs, unbeatable location. Other reviewers have provided great details so I'll leave it there. There is one thing I didn't see mentioned elsewhere...

When we were there, we were told that we could not put toilet paper in the toilets. Ever. If we forgot, we'd have to dig it out (YUCK!!!) or risk ruining the plumping in the entire building. We managed fine, but I imagine this could be a deal-breaker for others, so you might want to check with Lorraine if this will be a problem for you. I got the sense that this was neither a short-term situation, nor uncommon in Mexico. I'd still go back, and would recommend it to others as long as they knew about the toilet paper ban.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eliza-in-pdx
Reviewed January 19, 2011

I booked this B&B sight unseen from its website, and my husband and I could not have been happier with our three-week stay. Estrellita's is charming, bright, comfortable, and clean as a whistle. It's convenient to everything you would want in Ajijic. It's a block from the lake shore and beautiful malecon for strolling, a couple of blocks from the center plaza, a few blocks from the Wednesday market, and right in the middle of the many, many shops, artisan galleries, and great restaurants. Plus it is right next door to Lake Chapala Society, where all of the Canadians and U.S. folks meet up to exchange news, attend lectures, etc. All of this right near the front door, yet it is quiet and peaceful with birds singing nearby and the clip-clop of horse hooves on the cobble stone street. Lorraine, Estrellita's hostess, is a love -- friendly, helpful, attending to all of our questions and needs, giving good advice, and interested in us having a great visit. Each room has a patio or outdoor space for relaxing. Nice breakfast with an interesting flow of other guests. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 60745Anne
Reviewed January 16, 2011

This was our 3rd visit to Estrellitas, and we enjoyed it more than ever. This Inn is an outstanding value with wonderful management by Lorraine Pasini, the owner. The location is perfect, the rooms beautifully decorated with comfortable beds, and it is one block from the new Malacon where we could stroll every morning & evening, enjoying the lake, birds and local atmosphere. All restaurants and lovely shops are easy walking distance as is the pretty zocolo. We look forward to our future stays when visiting wonderful Ajijic!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OpenTicket2
Reviewed December 27, 2010

I had been staying at the Real de Chapala hotel while attending the Focus on Mexico program for those contemplating retiring in Mexico. I had a few extra days and wanted to be in Ajijic village, and one of the Focus staff recommended Estrellita's. As with all the other excellent advice from the Focus people, this was an excellent choice.
I will add to the chorus of appreciation for Lorraine Pasini, the B&B's gracious owner and hostess. She is delightful: warm, witty, with great insight and knowledge of the area. Part of my enjoyment of breakfast was being able to converse with her.
The location, next to the famous expat gathering place the Lake Chapala Society, couldn't be better. It is an easy walk to the lake, restaurants (my favorite is Yves, a block or so away with lake views) as well as shops and restaurants.
I rented Tropicana, the upstairs front room with a large patio overlooking the bustling activity on the street and above the rooftops to the mountains. The wi-fi reception was fast and steady. Great shower, too. The bed was divine, with soft linens and lovely pillows. This is a large room, warmly decorated with Mexican colors and folk art. Staying there was the ideal end to my stay in this delightful part of the world.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ajijic
Hotel Casa Blanca
Real de Chapala
#1 of 7 in Ajijic
Hotel Villa San Francisco
Ajijic Suites on Hidalgo

Been to Estrellita's Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!