“Captures the Essence of Mexico”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ajijic
Estrellita's Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #13 of 26 Ajijic B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 20, 2010

My wife and I travel widely and like to experience a variety of accomodations. In January, 2010 we stayed at Estrellita's B&B. The owner, Lorraine, has a wide range of experience in both the U.S. and Mexico and and uses that knowledge to provide a comfortable and welcoming environment for travellers. The room was clean and tastefully decorated and the kingsize bed was excellent . This B&B is ideally located in the heart of Ajijic, close to the lake and to many fine restaurants. Lorraine was exceedingly helpful - for example, she obtained an extra heater for the room since we had arrived during a rare cold snap. Through talking to Lorraine and her friends (who sometimes dropped by during breakfast) we gained insights into Mexican life and culture that we never would have gotten at a hotel. We found this B&B to be excellent and would definitely recommend it to other travellers.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 15, 2010

This was our 3rd trip to Ajijic, the 2nd stay at Estrellita's, and we are looking forward to our 3rd visit to Estrellita's soon. Lovely, well cared for B & B within easy walking distance to all places of interest to visitors. Lorraine Pasini, the owner, looks after all your needs. The beds are comfortable and the rooms decorated beautifully. Delicious, full-continental breakfast is served buffet style, and there is a full kitchen available for the guests. Also, there is wireless internet, and reading material and a flat screen TV are available in the living room. To complete this picture, Lorraine has 2 great little dogs who greet you when you come and go. Finally, the price is reasonable compared to other B & Bs in the area. Great value for the money!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2010

My Mom and I went to Ajijic to see my terminal Aunt. It was going to be a very trying time as my Aunt did not want to see us. We knew this would be our last time ever seeing her. We stayed at Estrellita's and it was WONDERFUL. Lorraine is the one of the good guys. We made the reservations kind of last minute and she was wonderful about it. The room was just gorgeous, very big and neatly decorated . Did I mention the good value for your dollar? The breakfast was enough to get you going. The whole place is really quite charming. But, what made a difference to us was that she had a genuine concern for the whole ordeal with my Aunt. PS my Aunt died 3 days after we left.

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed November 22, 2009

Lorriane was able to get us a room last miniute.
Adorabley decorated room upstairs with a nice quiet patio.
I have traveled a great deal in Mexico and have come to accept the fact that you will come accross many hard beds in Mexico.
BUT, when we crawled into the beds here it was HEAVEN!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2009

My wife Margaret and I stayed at Estrellita on the 11th of August , 2009. It was our anniversary and an opportunity to get away and breathe for a moment. We were in Roca Azul taking care of Margaret's father who was dying of cancer. We are both grateful for wonderful hospitality. I have stayed at resorts and hotels in Honduras, Canada, and throughout the United States. Never have I encountered better hospitality than that which Lorraine Pasini provided us on our anniversary. Her rooms were spacious and beautifully decorated. It was a peaceful stay. Going out on the porch during the night, feeling the cool breeze, and just conversing quietly was a highlight of the evening.
The breakfast was marvelous. The native fruits were delicious. Everything we needed access to was within a short walking distance. I also had a chance to go out and meet some of her neighbors. They were all very kind and willing to talk with me.
The restaurant Lorraine recommended was romantic and the food was marvelous. It was just a seven minute walk.
If you want a romantic or quiet get away, you will find no better than Estrellita Bed and Breakfast. Her prices were also unbeatable for the service and setting.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ForeignGuest
Reviewed September 28, 2009

My husband and I had a marvelous vacation in Ajijic. Staying at Estrellita's B&B only added to the enjoyment. The room was very comfortable -- we had our own balcony, the entire B&B was beautifully decorated and Lorraine and her staff along with Max and Molly did everything to make our stay enjoyable and comfortable.

Estrellita's is centrally located and within walking distance to art galleries, stores, and restaurants and to Lake Chapala. The breakfast was delicious with fresh fruit and a delicious assortment of breads.

I believe that without a doubt, you will enjoy staying at Estrellita's B&B. This is the best of the best.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank azgemma
Reviewed July 21, 2009

I recently traveled with my family and my extended family to Ajijic, Mexico. We stayed at Estrellita and found that it was much more beautiful than in the pictures on its website. The owner, Loraine Pasini, was very friendly, accomadating, and helpful. The staff was very nice and friendly and most of all I appreciated the home being very clean! The Bed and Breakfast was very reasonably priced and the continental breakfast every morning was just enough to get us started they always served something different which was a very nice touch! I traveled with my 9 and 1 year old and they both had a blast and were very comfortable at the B&B. I recommend this B&B to everyone it is a hidden treasure in Ajijic, Mx! When we left we hugged Loraine and the staff because it felt as if we had known them forever, we were sad to go and we only stayed 2 weeks. We love this place and will definately return!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family