“The Way to See More of Ajijic - In Comfort”

Lake Chapala Golf Carts
Ranked #6 of 18 things to do in Ajijic
More attraction details
Owner description: We rent golf carts to visitors so they can more easily explore Ajijic and the surrounding area. In a golf cart, you'll be able to tour around town in comfort, all the while enjoying the spectacular climate and the intimacy and friendliness of our village in the open air. It's the fun way to get around town!
Orangevale, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“The Way to See More of Ajijic - In Comfort”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Thank goodness for internet search engines! For my second visit to Ajijic I thought it would be ideal to rent a golf cart to explore more areas of the village. The gods were shining down on me the day I went in and searched for golf cart rentals and found Lake Chapala Golf Carts! Little did I know this was a brand new business and the owner was a bit surprised to learn how I discovered this gem of a business. Must give high kudos to the owner Travis! He was great to work with. Not having a secure parking space at night, he worked out a solution for that and I am extremely grateful.

I was able to travel all over the village and see far more than I was able to on my first visit. Since I was traveling with my husband and sister, the 4 person cart was perfect. For those of us who aren't in as great of shape as we should be, renting a golf cart really gave us the mobility to explore and fall in love with wonderful village.

While walking to dinner of an evening is very safe in Ajijic, when it gets dark early it can be difficult to see any trip hazard that might exist. Problem solved when renting a golf cart!

Do yourself a favor and rent from Lake Chapala Golf Carts - you will be glad you did.

1 Thank Krtwin

New Canaan, Connecticut
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fun day with the golf cart!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Great day in Ajijic touring with the golf cart. It's a great way to get around and see the sights especially with teenagers! The owner Travis is very friendly and accommodating. He even delivered us to our restaurant at the end of our day.

1 Thank BDavis4
Orangevale, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Save a broken ankle, ride a golf cart in Ajijic”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

This new business fills a niche in getting around Ajijic. Walking is good, but you can suffer from cobble stone remorse, narrow sidewalk beam walking and that ever so sneaky hill that runs up from the lake to the caraterra.

Really broadens the range you can get in exploring from west Ajijic to the Walmart on the east in the cart. You drive on the caraterra, but can cross at lights to explore upper Ajijic, and different residential areas up there. And, you have a far greater chance of find having parking close to where you are going with a cart.

We did not have secure parking with overnight charging options, but the owner happily delivered the cart in the morning and picked it up in the evenings, even after a few late dinners and drinks.

I say God love you to the persons who look forward to a walking trip for shopping or supplies at the Walmart or Super Mercado on the caraterra. For us mere mortals, this is a great option for exploring Ajijic.

2 Thank Ron M
Fort Worth Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Loved the golf carts!”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We were visiting Ajijic for the first time. Our rental house was in San Antonio. Really too far to walk to the center of Ajijic and quite a good walk down cobble stone streets to get to the bus. So we decided to rent a golf cart. What a great idea! We had a blast driving all over. You can not go on the carterra, so that means you can't go into Chapala or San Cosala but that's ok. One day we took the cart to Walmart, parked there and rode the bus to the hot springs in San Cosala. Travis was so easy to work with. He delivered the cart to us! We were only able to rent it for 3 days because he had them promised out for the Chili Cookoff, but after the first day at the Cookoff he decided to let one of his carts go so we could have it back. He came to our house to offer it back to us! I thought that was so nice of him! He delivered back to us and we were able to finish off our week. We had so much fun driving around getting the lay of the land and saying hola to everyone we passed. I would highly recommend his carts and his service.