“New buffet restaurant”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Kingston, Canada
“New buffet restaurant”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Offering meals at a fixed price for 69 pesos (lunch) and 89 pesos (dinner), the Maria Isabel offers good value at an attractive location. Seating is either inside or at an outside patio overlooking Lago Chapala. As one would expect, the selection for lunch comprises salad choices, a good range of hot and cold Mexican main dishes, and a few deserts. Second helpings allowed.

1 Thank Peter B

Chapala, Mexico
“NEW RESTAURANT IN OLD POSADA”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Several of my friends had been telling me about the daily buffet at Maria Isabel. The newest restaurant in town, with the best prices. I was hoping to get the daily buffet, however, we arrived late. The service was fast and staff was more than helpful. Food was very tasty, and more than I had anticipated.
I am looking forward to going back for the buffet which is from 11 am to 3 pm 7 days a week.
Sit close to the window or on the patio for a lake and mountain view.

Ajijic, Mexico
“Just let the knife lay there !!”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I went with a couple of friends for lunch and the buffet left nothing out.....the beef could be cut with my fork as well as everything else and there was something for every taste...and all for under 70 pesos!!!!!!!!!! A beautiful set up, very clean and at the lakes edge located in the Old Pasada. We all ate til we had to convince each other to stop and every bite made you want to take another. Give this place a shot and you won't be sorry....at the water at the bottom of Colon/Morelos.

1 Thank ZZBottoms
Bethesda, MD
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dark at night but your taste buds don't need no flash lights”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I had dinner here twice, and walked by during the day in the 10 days I was in Ajijic. This place is a big place, right on the edge of the Ajijic Malacon. During the day outdoor seating has views of the lake and park in front. At night, there was a nice fire going at the central fireplace inside with doors and windows open.

Food was prepared expertly, i.e., steamed vegetables were nice and crisp, yet cooked long enough not to be raw. I had fish file and enjoyed it.

Next night, I tried seafood soup in volcanic rock bowl. That was also very delicious and satisfying. The owner a very nice gentleman also was very hospitable and kind, like most people I ran into in Ajijic.

• Visited January 2014