“great place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ajijic
Villa del Angel Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #12 of 26 Ajijic B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I enjoyed this very picturesque place. I felt like a queen! I selected the hotel based on the consistent great reviews on TA. As this was a business trip my requirements and expectation were fairly basic - Good WIFI and a place to work a bit.
Overall the villa and the suite exceeded my expectation which is always a good thing. The bed and the bed linens were of a excellent quality, something I really appreciate.

My suite was in the older section of the villa on the first floor. My windows were overlooking into the pool and grounds.

The bathroom was modern with a huge rain shower-head. Towels were plentiful as well as the various bath amenities.

Breakfast was one the best around the world.

I would go back again in my next trip to Mexico.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Willamina M

Reviewed December 27, 2012

From the moment you walk through its gates, you know you've arrived in a hillside paradise. The villa is a European-style jewel with stunning gardens, a solar heated pool, its own exquisite chapel, and exotic, comfortable interiors full of interesting furniture, paintings and crafts. Every corner is a picture. The views of Ajijic and Lake Chapala are panoramic. Angelique is an outstanding hostess, amazing cook, and makes you feel so at home and welcomed. You could never leave the villa and have an amazing trip! One word of caution: don't visit during the Thanksgiving holidays as they overlap with the town's "fiestas" celebrating their patron saint for 14 straight days. The bands, fireworks, explosives, and country music don't stop from sundown to sunup-- literally!! Marion P.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marion P
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is the first time that I ever write a review for a lodging, and I have stayed in fine and comfortable places all around the world... but Villa del Angel is just so overwhelmingly beautiful. The gardens, the view, so many magical corners. And so very clean, and so comfortable. Angelique was a true pleasure to deal with, but I already knew this before we arrived, because she had been so nice and accommodating ever since I had made a reservation via the website a couple of months prior to our arrival. She is an excellent hostess and a wonderful cook, and those breakfasts overlooking the lake were among the best of my life.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem very beautiful and comfortable. We stayed at the Grotto Queen and found it to be...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Maria Jesus A
Reviewed December 2, 2012

My girlfriend booked us for three nights at Villa del Angel after a work trip to Guadalajara. She showed me the pictures online and they looked cute and I said "great." We got here and as we looked out over Ajijic towards Lake Chapalla from the beautiful house I was blown away. Then we walked around the terraced gardens and the old chapel (really!) and the patio by the pool and all I could say was wow, this is incredible! Four guest rooms + the little Casita, it is a home. The proprietor, Angelica, made us feel at home, was a pleasure to talk to, and put a beautiful breakfast out each day. One day, we didn't leave till dinner time as we enjoyed the quiet elegance of the house. The price to value can't be beat and is easily worth twice the price without blinking. The best place I have ever stayed and I look forward to coming back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Paul D
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Our stay here was fabulous!

I loved being here at Villa del Angel-Ajijic ,especially the Casita King! The mesmerizing from this suite is spectacular, especially during an Ajijic electrical rain storm….WOW…We would not think of staying anywhere else on Lake Chapala! Incredible view, little bar, kitchenette, private entrance and our sweet private terraza, all packaged in a separate structure detached from the Main House.. This definitely was our favorite.

Angelique, a former SoCal restaurant owner and chef, prepared delicious breakfasts using local fresh fruits and ingredients… Huevos Rancheros and Eggs Benedict come to mind… And let’s not forget the artistically displayed fruit and yogurt first plate.

She made us feel so welcome, and went out of her way to make us comfortable, like finding a floor heater in the winter, fan in the summer and in-room massage service and manicurist upon request!

Since we visit picturesque Ajijic annually over the past five years I have developed a friendship with the property mascot bird … Lady Gaga. Despite my childhood fear of cockatoos Angelique let me work through it with Ms. Gaga and now I share cocktails in the evening on the terrace with my wife and Ms. Gaga. At my own risk of course!

I have also enjoyed the solar heated pool during rainstorms and Tasty BBQ at the full outdoor kitchen. The grounds have permitted me cherished memories I shall associate with Ajijic forever.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank John F
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My wife and I spent some time for both business and pleasure in the wonderful little village of Ajijic, 30 minutes south of Guadalajara International Airport...and spent last night a Villa del Angel. Owner/manager Angelique Estrada is a wonderful host...greeting us with drinks overlooking her drop-dead gorgeous property...and sending us off with a superb Huevos Rancheros full breakfast. I just posted 63 (Yes! 63!) photos on my Facebook page...that I took after we checked in yesterday evening. There are wonderful artistic and architectural surprises around every corner. We're already looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: We stayed in the bottom floor room, next to the pool. Huge bathroom with jacuzzi, huge walk in clos...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DanandKay2012
Reviewed June 8, 2012

My husband and I spent five glorious days enjoying the beauty and hospitality at Villa del Angel. It's not really a B&B but more a grand hacienda, including casita, fountains, gardens and even a chapel, located with a commanding view of Ajijic and Lake Chapala. I loved wandering throughout the gardens in the morning with coffee in hand admiring the tropical flowers, trees and varied plant life. My husband, who is a photographer, found unique subject matter around every corner. Angelique, a former SoCal restaurant owner and chef, prepared delicious breakfasts using local fresh fruits and ingredients in her most popular recipes. She not only provided great hospitality in her Villa but also directed us to the best places to shop, eat and drink in the area. It was difficult to leave but we know we'll be returning.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple