“"Top Notch"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ajijic
Villa del Angel Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #12 of 26 Ajijic B&B and Inns
Indiana
“"Top Notch"”
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Villa Del Angel was nothing I ever imagined it to be, it took my breath away from the moment the door to the enclosed grounds was opened. Vibrant colors, gorgeous view, attention to detail everywhere was well noted! The Villa was so clean, open and inviting. Each room is unique and spacious, you could easily just stay at the villa for your stay and never leave the grounds. Villa Del Angel is set above everything, so there is a serene calmness to it all, compared to being below in the town. The view alone is breathtaking, relaxing and when you want energizing. I would recommend the Villa for families, singles, couples, weddings, really anything, I hope to renew our wedding vows in the chapel that is on the grounds and then have a reception to follow there. I know any visit would be great, the food was great, fresh hot, great presentation. You could tell that there was time and a lot of energy put into each detail of breakfast, from the linen napkins to the fresh mint on top of my fresh waffle. I could go on and on...we had stopped at other B&B's in the town of Ajijiic and they all seemed lifeless, lacked the warmth and cleanliness that Villa del Angel obviously took a lot of pride in. Can't wait to go again! And recommend it above all!

Room Tip: All rooms were great, if you are a family or staying a little longer the Casita is a nice treat!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank love4realfood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 1, 2011

'Villa of the Angel' could not be a more appropriate name for this beautifully serene bed and breakfast. We have been very fortunate to be able to visit this lovely accommodation numerous times. In fact, we would never dream of staying elsewhere. It is truly what draws us back year after year. All of the suites are stunning and extremely comfortable. Our personal favorite is the Casita King. It sits high above the rooftops, with expansive floor-to-ceiling windows affording us the most wonderful view of Lake Chapala. We love sitting on the large balcony watching the sun set over the entire village of Ajijic and the lake. And it has the bonus of a perfectly accommodating kitchen which suits our needs extremely well.

We cannot say enough about our host, the resident angel--Angelique, who is the most warm and welcoming of any B&B I have ever experienced. She prepares us the most superb breakfasts--muy delicioso!! Her staff excels in keeping the house beautiful and the grounds spotless. Our visits usually occur during the warmer months and the large pool is such a delightful respite during siesta time. If there was not already enough charm in this exquisite property, the chapel certainly puts it over the edge. What an unexpected and pleasant surprise...truly outstanding! I could go on forever expounding the virtues of this wonderful find, but will save some for next time.

Behind the most unassuming walls throughout Mexico lie virtual gems and Villa del Angel is definitely one of them! Muchas gracias por todo Angelique!

Room Tip: Casita King is a personal favorite---but all rooms are very luxurious and comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed September 29, 2011

I just returned from a vacation to Ajijic and got to stay at Villa del Angel, and definitely will return! The setting is amazing with views of Lake Chapala and the mountains beyond. The villa is filled with spacious rooms and some of the most unique artwork and furnishings you will find in Mexico. Angelique, the hostess is just as amazing and very fun and full of energy, not to mention her culinary skills in the kitchen. You will be treated to some of the most delicious meals and treats and you will not want to leave. Hanging out with her in the kitchen was a real treat in itself. The property is lush and green and filled with little hidden spaces to explore. The outdoor areas are just as comfortable as the indoors, with fountains indoors and out, and a pool area that is both spacious and scenic. I found the little chapel on the grounds to be quite unique and it added to the ambiance of the entire property as it flowed down the hillside. The rooms are all spacious and clean and full of their own unique design and furnishings. There is definitely a true character to the Spanish influence of the architecture and the furnishings around the villa. Great location and very comfortable! I will definitely return. Say hi to Angelique for me when you arrive.

Room Tip: All the rooms are private and each is unique and spacious, you can't go wrong with any of them.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Coronado, California
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I recently traveled to Ajijic with my best friend on a girls trip. I have been coming to Ajijic for years and often stay at a rented home or another hotel. This was my first time staying at the Villa del Angel and it was amazing! The place is gorgeous, the hostess is personable, kind, and fun, and the food was impeccable. I would heartily recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Cancun
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We stayed for one night my husband and I and another couple and Angie was great, the room was really clean, the bed delicious and the best thing was breakfast the folllowing morning.
We had the best huevos rancheros, coffee and pastries.
I wished we had stayed for another night and enjoyed the hotel more but I hope we can come back soon.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We have stayed a Villa Del Angel numerous times and keep returning. We always feel like we are on top of the world with the sweeping views of Lake Chapala. The rooms have always been clean, comfortable and amenities thoughtful.

Angelique is a wonderful hostess that will go out of her way to make sure your stay is top notch. She is good at recommending things to see in the area and will even arrange tours.

The breakfasts are wonderful and tasty and exceed most other B & B experiences.

We would highly recommend Villa Angel and plan on returning in the future.

• Stayed February 2011
2 Thank JLoots4125
san francisco & guanajuato
Reviewed July 16, 2011

It took me way too long to write this review. What an amazing house and property Angelique has. Our accommodation was top notch in a unique setting. Comfortable, quiet and delightful. As for our hostess, well she does have the proverbial mostess. She cooked some great food for us, shared some tequila with us and shot the breeze with us in a most delightful way.

I would definitely stay again. And as I told Angelique, she is always welcome to stay at our place in Guanajuato!! Abrazos, Josh & Joel!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple