“The Hub of The Wheel of Lake Chapala”
Review of Hotel Casa Blanca

and 1 more site!
Hotel Casa Blanca
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Ajijic
Reviewed February 26, 2011

I'm looking at buying a house in Lake Chapala and also doing real estate business at the Lake. I found Joseph, the owner of the hotel, and an American, to be informative, an entrepreneur, quietly gracious and sociable. All my needs were met.

To find out how business operates at Lakeside, this is definitely the place to stay.

3000+-member Lake Chapala Society is right across the street!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Management response:Responded March 7, 2011

We are always happy to help in any way we can. Thank you very much for choosing Hotel Casa Blanca.

Reviewed February 26, 2011

Friends, if you've been to Ajijic, you know that nice budget rooms are not that hard to find. Based on the great reviews of this hotel, I decided to make a little splurge and book at the Casa Blanca. I could not have been more disappointed. In fact, I cried. This room (#5) must have been built as an afterthought. It was squeezed between a restaurant and 2 courtyards meaning I could hear every cup and saucer, every conversation on either side, and the nauseating French music (in the restaurant) that droned on throughout the day. Napping was impossible. To boot, since there was a courtyard on either side, it was fairly difficult to get comfy in the bathroom as well since a guy was sitting outside my bathroom window reading. Anyway, I'm on vacation, who needs sleep, right? Let's shower, change and go out. Well, the water pressure was so bad that it was impossible to use the sink and the shower wasn't much better. After about 25 minutes, I did get the conditioner out of my hair by pressing my forehead up against the shower stall to reap the benefits of the 3 holes that actually delivered water. It was bad friends. Maybe the other rooms are great. What else could explain these reviews? And I can tell you the staff was professional and friendly. And I can also report the creme brulee at the restaurant is rather good. But to pay this amount for a room where you can't sleep, feel funny going to the bathroom, can't use the sink, and the shower is a marathon makes you wonder what you paid for.....

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KYMary
Management response:Responded March 7, 2011

You had such nice things to say about the hotel and the room, it surprised us to see this review! But, we are truly sorry you did not enjoy your stay. If you were willing to give us another chance, we will certainly make it up to you. Two nights is too short to really enjoy Ajijic, so we hope you will be able to stay longer next time. Also, we have not yet found the problems you mentioned with the water pressure, but we will keep checking to be sure. Thanks again for your comments!

Reviewed February 24, 2011

The Art of Service is a long forgotten form here in the US. I can tell you that it is alive and well at the Casa Blanca Hotel. From the moment I arrived at the airport and Avo (Carlos) greeted me with a smile, to the wonderful hotel setting and afternoon drinks at the restaurant the owner Joseph and his staff made my stay first rate. You are situated in a perfect location within walking distance of all attractions; but when you get back to the Casa Blanca hotel and either sit in the courtyard surrounded by scents of flowers and sounds of soft music or sitting off you private balcony enjoying a coffee or drink your senses will be equally delighted and your worries will fall to the wayside.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank nkirkland
Management response:Responded March 2, 2011

Thank you for such nice compliments!

Reviewed January 22, 2011

This small but very charming hotel has a lovely ambience in the courtyard which is at the rear of the very successful restaurant in front. The rooms are spacious enough for a short stay with my only concern being the lack of comfortable seating and good lighting for reading. The 2 small tables both inside and outside are indeed in lovely spots but as usual in Mexico comortable chairs are lacking. The location puts one in the center of all Ajijic has to offer.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank zihuatraveller
Management response:Responded March 2, 2011

We truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review and we appreciate your suggestions. Thanks!

Reviewed January 17, 2011

I can only speak in superlatives about this fabulous hotel in Ajijic, Mexico. Our room was lovely -- bright and sunny. It had old world charm combined with modern day conveniences. The newly renovated bathroom was spacious, squeaky clean and the height of style.

In terms of location, Casa Blanca was close to everything -- all the fine dining and shopping we could hope for. We were also impressed by how affordable the hotel was and felt we got a lot for our money. And quiet - we slept well every night!

Most importantly, the staff, Meredith, Joseph, Carlos and the rest of the staff were gracious, accommodating and personable. It was a pleasure to be around them.

Needles to say, we will return to Casa Blanca. And next time we will try the restaurant, Laurant. We had heard it was excellent but did not get a chance to dine there.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded January 19, 2011

Wow! Thank you for your wonderful comments! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed January 12, 2011

Cute little hotel with contenental breakfast, and attention to detail. We felt comfortable and "at home", and were treated like one of the family. The restaurant is fantabulous! I would return any time, and would defiinetly recommend this beautiful place to anyone. They even let me water the plants!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank diannemita
Management response:Responded January 17, 2011

Thank you! We hope you will get the chance to visit us again. (And you are welcome to water the plants anytime you'd like!)

Reviewed January 4, 2011

This was my first visit to Ajijic. I arrived early in the morning, way before I expected my room to be ready for check-in but was made to feel very welcome and immediately offered breakfast (Thank you, Jesus) and shown to my room. Perfect location for enjoying Ajijic, directly across from the well-known expat center, the Lake Chapala Society. There are great restaurants within walking distance (try Simply Thai) as well as a gourmet French restaurant on the premises. The room was comfortable and quiet with a well-equipped kitchenette, comfortable king bed, free wifi, a flat screen tv and a very pleasant balcony. Continental breakfast in the courtyard was convenient and relaxing. Joseph, the owner, is a charming and very helpful host and Carlos seemed always available for a helpful tip. I especially appreciated their kind offer on my last day, when I was scheduled for a 9PM flight home. Though I did not ask, Joseph was kind enough to tell me to keep the room as long as I wanted that day, which made for a far more enjoyable last day in Ajijic than I would have had. A great place, good people. I will definitely stay there again when (not if) I return and would highly recommend Hotel Casa Blanca to anyone visiting the Lake Chapala area.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Management response:Responded January 17, 2011

We are so glad you enjoyed your first visit to Ajijic. Your room will be ready for you whenever you decide to return. In meantime, we wish you all the best!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ajijic
Real de Chapala
La Joya del Lago
#6 of 7 in Ajijic
Hotel Balneario San Juan Cosala
Hotel Villa San Francisco

Been to Hotel Casa Blanca? Share your experiences!