Hotel Casa Blanca
$61
  • Breakfast included
$79
Travelocity
All reviewscontinental breakfastlake chapala societythe ownerfiltered waterhotel is perfectstanding fandirectly across the streethard boiled eggsbed was comfortableupstairs roomwalking distancegreat place to staycouple blockschurch bellsbarking dogsrooftop patiospent days
Reviewed January 4, 2011

This was my first visit to Ajijic. I arrived early in the morning, way before I expected my room to be ready for check-in but was made to feel very welcome and immediately offered breakfast (Thank you, Jesus) and shown to my room. Perfect location for enjoying Ajijic, directly across from the well-known expat center, the Lake Chapala Society. There are great restaurants within walking distance (try Simply Thai) as well as a gourmet French restaurant on the premises. The room was comfortable and quiet with a well-equipped kitchenette, comfortable king bed, free wifi, a flat screen tv and a very pleasant balcony. Continental breakfast in the courtyard was convenient and relaxing. Joseph, the owner, is a charming and very helpful host and Carlos seemed always available for a helpful tip. I especially appreciated their kind offer on my last day, when I was scheduled for a 9PM flight home. Though I did not ask, Joseph was kind enough to tell me to keep the room as long as I wanted that day, which made for a far more enjoyable last day in Ajijic than I would have had. A great place, good people. I will definitely stay there again when (not if) I return and would highly recommend Hotel Casa Blanca to anyone visiting the Lake Chapala area.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Management response:Responded January 17, 2011

We are so glad you enjoyed your first visit to Ajijic. Your room will be ready for you whenever you decide to return. In meantime, we wish you all the best!

Reviewed December 29, 2010

The room was comfortable, clean, and adequate.
The bed was stiff, but after staying at my folks place, I realized the beds are like this all over.
The towels could have used some fabric softener but I guess it comes down to what you're used to.
The restaurant was the best and the breakfast was adequate and abundant.
Overall, the value was good.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank jimchez
Management response:Responded January 17, 2011

We very much appreciate your comments and suggestions. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing!

Reviewed December 4, 2010

I had the pleasure of staying at the Casa Blanca Hotel for 14 days. I immediately felt at home also as a single traveller I also knew that I was safe as well. The hotel inluded 2 wonderful courtyards with beautiful trees, flowers and fountains. I enjoyed the Continental Breakfast daily as well as the French Restaurant Laurent that was also on sight. My room was bright, clean and the balcony overlooking one of the courtyards was exactly what I hade hoped for. But by far, the best part of my stay were the people Jason the owner and all of staff. If I had any questions about the area everyone was more than helpful. In fact I was invited by Maradith,one of the staff to attend the Fiesta with her family! I was driven to and from the airport by Carlos and he arranged for me to visit some of his friends. I had no problem commuicating, I have no Spanish language skills
Would I return? Well, I already arranged to revisit in February!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank summer1sta
Management response:Responded December 14, 2010

Thank you! We enjoyed your company very much and are so happy that you will be coming back!

Reviewed December 1, 2010

We were in Ajijic for my mothe-in-law's 80th b-day. Not having enough room at her house for all her extended family, some of us decided to stay at Hotel Casa Blanca. The hotel provided all we needed for our stay there. The rooms were clean, and we had no problem sleeping. The beds were comfortable. The owner Joseph, and the rest of the staff, including Carlos and Meredith were wonderful hosts. They greated us every morning, and we enjoyed some nice conversations with them. We only wish we had had more time to stay and enjoy a nice dinner at their restaurant. We will definitely try the food next time we are in Ajijic. The menu looked fabulous! The location of the hotel is perfect. We walked to my in-law's house, visited shops, and walked to the lake every day. We also walked to the plaza every night as the town was celebrating the patron Saint that week. There was music, fireworks, and dancing at the town's plaza, and we enjoyed seeing all the locals have a great time. On a side note, fireworks and the ringing of the bells from the church are heard all over town during this week every year four times a day. Personally, this is part of experiencing the culture and traditions of Mexico. If this is something that would bother you, I would recommend you book your vacation some other week. We ourselves, enjoyed every minute of it. We love to learn from the Mexican's traditions, history, and see everyone have such a good time. Casa Blanca provided all our needs for a reasonable price. If we ever need to stay at a hotel in Ajijic again, we will definitely call Joseph and make a reservation. Robert Shannon.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank RobertShannon
Management response:Responded December 14, 2010

Thank you very much for your kind words. We wish you and your family all the best and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed November 27, 2010

In early September, my wife and I went to Ajijic, Mexico. We stayed at Hotel Casa Blanca. Before leaving for Mexico I researched hotels on Tripadvisor and Casa Blanca had received high marks from other travelers.
I found that Hotel Casa Blanca lived up to it's reputation. Our room was comfortable and was cleaned daily. The staff, led by Josepth, went out of their way to make our stay pleasant.
The hotel is centrally located in Ajijic and just across the street from the Lake Chapala Society. Restaurants and buses were within easy walking distance.
While we were there, Josepth was in the process of adding a French restaurant.
If we get an opportunity to return to the Lake Chapala area, Hotel casa Blanca will be first on our list.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chapalafan
Management response:Responded November 29, 2010

All of us here at Hotel Casa Blanca are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay!