Hotel Casa Blanca
$61
  • Breakfast included
$79
Hotels.com
All reviewscontinental breakfastlake chapala societythe ownerfiltered waterhotel is perfectstanding fandirectly across the streethard boiled eggsbed was comfortableupstairs roomwalking distancegreat place to staycouple blockschurch bellsbarking dogsrooftop patiospent days
Reviewed December 4, 2010

I had the pleasure of staying at the Casa Blanca Hotel for 14 days. I immediately felt at home also as a single traveller I also knew that I was safe as well. The hotel inluded 2 wonderful courtyards with beautiful trees, flowers and fountains. I enjoyed the Continental Breakfast daily as well as the French Restaurant Laurent that was also on sight. My room was bright, clean and the balcony overlooking one of the courtyards was exactly what I hade hoped for. But by far, the best part of my stay were the people Jason the owner and all of staff. If I had any questions about the area everyone was more than helpful. In fact I was invited by Maradith,one of the staff to attend the Fiesta with her family! I was driven to and from the airport by Carlos and he arranged for me to visit some of his friends. I had no problem commuicating, I have no Spanish language skills
Would I return? Well, I already arranged to revisit in February!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank summer1sta
Management response:Responded December 14, 2010

Thank you! We enjoyed your company very much and are so happy that you will be coming back!

Reviewed December 1, 2010

We were in Ajijic for my mothe-in-law's 80th b-day. Not having enough room at her house for all her extended family, some of us decided to stay at Hotel Casa Blanca. The hotel provided all we needed for our stay there. The rooms were clean, and we had no problem sleeping. The beds were comfortable. The owner Joseph, and the rest of the staff, including Carlos and Meredith were wonderful hosts. They greated us every morning, and we enjoyed some nice conversations with them. We only wish we had had more time to stay and enjoy a nice dinner at their restaurant. We will definitely try the food next time we are in Ajijic. The menu looked fabulous! The location of the hotel is perfect. We walked to my in-law's house, visited shops, and walked to the lake every day. We also walked to the plaza every night as the town was celebrating the patron Saint that week. There was music, fireworks, and dancing at the town's plaza, and we enjoyed seeing all the locals have a great time. On a side note, fireworks and the ringing of the bells from the church are heard all over town during this week every year four times a day. Personally, this is part of experiencing the culture and traditions of Mexico. If this is something that would bother you, I would recommend you book your vacation some other week. We ourselves, enjoyed every minute of it. We love to learn from the Mexican's traditions, history, and see everyone have such a good time. Casa Blanca provided all our needs for a reasonable price. If we ever need to stay at a hotel in Ajijic again, we will definitely call Joseph and make a reservation. Robert Shannon.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank RobertShannon
Management response:Responded December 14, 2010

Thank you very much for your kind words. We wish you and your family all the best and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed November 27, 2010

In early September, my wife and I went to Ajijic, Mexico. We stayed at Hotel Casa Blanca. Before leaving for Mexico I researched hotels on Tripadvisor and Casa Blanca had received high marks from other travelers.
I found that Hotel Casa Blanca lived up to it's reputation. Our room was comfortable and was cleaned daily. The staff, led by Josepth, went out of their way to make our stay pleasant.
The hotel is centrally located in Ajijic and just across the street from the Lake Chapala Society. Restaurants and buses were within easy walking distance.
While we were there, Josepth was in the process of adding a French restaurant.
If we get an opportunity to return to the Lake Chapala area, Hotel casa Blanca will be first on our list.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chapalafan
Management response:Responded November 29, 2010

All of us here at Hotel Casa Blanca are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed November 21, 2010

The rooms (we had 2) are very small, the beds are horrible. The finishes in the rooms are of the cheapest sort hte sheets and towel thin and threadbare. Look out if you plan to leave early because they will not refund . It cost less for two rooms at the Intercontinental, WATCH OUT!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank surrealtor
Management response:Responded November 29, 2010

We sincerely regret that you were not pleased with your stay. We use the highest-quality matresses available in Mexico and we change all sheets and towels yearly to provide a comfortable stay.
Additionally, as a small business, we designed our refund policy to be as flexible as possible, but still allow us to operate effectively. It is unfortunate that you were not satisfied with our business, but even more unfortunate that threatened us with lawsuits and smear campaigns because you disagree with our clearly-stated refund policy.

Reviewed November 16, 2010

What an enjoyable stay! Perfect location for enjoying Ajijic and the surrounding area. Great restaurants within walking direction. Especially enjoyed the wonderful restaurant in the hotel plus the Thai restaurant around the corner. The rooms were comfortable and quiet. Our friends and we occupied the two identical upstairs rooms at the back of the courtyard...both have well equipped kitchenettes, large showers, king beds, free wifi, flat screen tvs, a pleasant balcony. Continental breakfast in the courtyard was convenient and relaxing. Joseph, the owner, is a charming and very helpful host. We will no doubt stay here again and recommend Hotel Casa Blanca to anyone planning to visit the Lake Chapala area.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded November 17, 2010

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such wonderful comments. We look forward to seeing you again in the future! (We will also make sure the owners of Simply Thai know how much you enjoyed their restaurant!)