“The friendliest people in Ajijic!” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel Casa Blanca
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Ajijic
A TripAdvisor Member
“The friendliest people in Ajijic!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2005

I concur with a previous reviewer about Joseph--and I add the rest of his staff to the list of the most helpful and friendly people I've ever met at a B&B or hotel ANYWHERE. Kudos and thanks to Joseph, Rodrigo, Dave, and Fernanda. I disagree, however, with the previous reviewer's impressions of the lodgings themselves. Our room had screens on all of the windows--no mosquitos found their way into the room; the bedding was not plush but certainly clean and comfortable; and who needs air conditioning in Ajijic? The climate there is one of the most temperate in the world!

I would strongly recommend Casa Blanca Hotel to travelers to that area--and, as a guest, you get free Internet access; so it is easy to keep up with your friends and family back home or verify reservations and travel routes for the rest of one's trip.

A lovely hotel, well-priced, and full of delightful people--what more do you need?

• Stayed August 2005
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
21 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2005

I spent 15 days, in Ajijic, at the Casa Blanca. For each day I was there, I met some truly wonderful people. The Continental Breakfast at the Casa Blanca's patio draws a small "crowd" of Casa Blanca visitors each morning. The conversation is lively and informative and a highlight of the many amenities at Casa Blanca. Joseph and Rodrigo will assist you and guide you with any questions you may have regarding the general area. The room was extremely nice and clean, with cable TV, microwave, small refrigerator, etc. Basically, a mini kitchen. I have traveled extensively and for my money, the Casa Blanca is one of the best. The central location of the Casa Blanca allowed me to walk to Lake Chapala, where I had a wonderful dinner overlooking the lake; to walk to the local restaurants, where I ate excellent food; and a short walk to the bus stops, which took me to Jocotepec and Chapala. Just remember, you are a guest in Mexico where the people are kind and cooperative and many do not live as well as some of us. Enjoy each day of your visit, and not with the "I can't stand the room" attitude, but with joy of meeting new people and establishing new friendships. I will return to Casa Blanca. I can hardly wait to see everyone again and join the people at the Continental Breakfast...it is a cultural feast!

• Stayed May 2005
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
17 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Long Island, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2005

We took a trip to Ajijic in the Lake Chapala area in March. Since we are time share owners we have become accustom to nice accomodations. I searched and searched for reviews and ratings for B & B's with little success. We finally decided to stay at the Casa Blanca. I certainly did not expect anything palatial at the price we were paying, but I did expect a clean room and decent sheets and towels. The owner, Joseph and staff were great, however the place was not. The room was full of mosquitos upon check in. Joseph said they do not bite, they are really not mosquitos and they come in when the windows are open. And the room had one window with no screen and no air conditioning. Therefore the mosquitos came it! They gave me a can of "Raid". The walls where covered with dead mosquitos. The sheet on the bed where so rough they scrapped your skin. I could not sleep. It was trully awful. We really should have check out. I think we only stayed because Joseph was so lovely and helpful with restaurants and area advise, and we didn't know if anything else in the area was any better. It really didn't look like there was. Oh, and by the way, the lake is polluted and dead and full of vegetation. They can't even get a boat in it. Fodors Mexico has the story on what happend to the lake. It is very interesting. Other than the old spanish style roads there is no Mexican there. You are hard pressed to find Mexican food or music. I am glad it was only a three day side trip rather than a full vacation.

31 Thank bookkeeper54
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ajijic
Real de Chapala
#2 of 24 in Ajijic
La Riberena
La Riberena
#2 of 6 in Ajijic

Been to Hotel Casa Blanca? Share your experiences!