“Our second stay - just as good as the first”
Review of Hotel Casa Blanca

and 1 more site!
Hotel Casa Blanca
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Ajijic
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Staying at Casa Blanca is wonderful. Joseph and his staff are never too busy to assist us or go out of their way for us. We highly recommend this hotel for all our friends. And talking to the locals since we've been here, everyone is in agreement that Casa Blanca is top notch, numero uno, here in Ajijic.

Room Tip: I don't believe there is a BAD room in the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank NascarFriends

Reviewed June 16, 2011

Wonderful place to stay in a unique charming town--very safe area of Mexico.
Continental breakfast in the courtyard--several outdoor areas to relax including roof top area with views of town, mountains, and the lake. The staff works overtime to make sure all aspects of your trip are memorable.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank llasa
Reviewed May 24, 2011

Ajijic is a lovely cobbled town with enjoyable strolling, shopping and restaurants. Sadly, the well-regarded French restaurant in the hotel was closed for vacation (as were others post-Easter) - but maybe that was a good thing since our room was sandwiched between two adjacent courtyards. As one reviewer noted, noisy. NB: the breakfast included with the $89/night room was unworthy of the name 'continental.' Kiddie cereal, bad toast and lousy coffee in styrofoam cups. Not acceptable! However, the bed was comfortable, room was clean and attractive with a nice tile bathroom (shower only). TV if you cared to tune in, but one lonely bed side light. Rooftop needs attention to fully realize its potential. The owner and staff was accommodating, especially in light of our very late arrival. FYI: We travelled by car from Mazatlan, Sinloa to Najarit/PV to Guadalajara/Lake Chappala without problems despite US Govt. warnings and local cautions about safety and security; seemingly overblown if you exercise good judgement. (use the toll road (cuota) and mind the fuel gauge!)

Room Tip: some rooms w/ kitchenettes; or tower suites
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mlle56
Reviewed April 20, 2011

The purpose of my visit to Ajijic was to attend my own book signing for my latest novel, HOLY BETRAYAL.

About a year ago I stayed at Casa Blanca, during a business trip, and was more than pleased with the room assigned to me, staff and location. When I knew I would be making this latest trip to Ajijic, I naturally thought of Casa Blanca as the place to stay. This time I was even more lucky, I could book a room for an entire week at Casa Blanca, and, to my surprise an excellent full-menu restaruant (Laurent's) has been added to the establishment. That meant I could have beverages and finger foods served at my book signing and meet friends there for lunch, drinks or dinner.

The staff at Casa Blanca treated me like royalty. Those who have lugged several cartons of books around know how bulky and heavy they can be. One of the staff gladly carried the cartons, along with my luggage to my room and helped me move books the day of the book signing. That, in itself, was a bonus.

The restaurant (Laurent's) put its entire staff and restaurant at my disposal. It was my pleasure to hear everyone attending the book signing commenting on how wonderful the food was, the restaurant and hotel, the staff of both and the two lovely patios Casa Blanca keeps in sparkling condition..

The two friends who met me at the bus station in Guadalajara and transported me in their van to the hotel told me that although they have a selection of lovely hotels in Mexico, they would love to spend their next vacation at Casa Blanca. That, in itself, is a testimony of the charm of Casa Blanca.

Will I stay at Casa Blanca again--what a silly question--of course I will. The price is more than fair, the staff is wonderful, as is Joseph the owner (who was as concerned as I that my computer would be repaired before I departed), the location is an easy walk to el centro and its many shops, and those guests I met at Casa Blanca were vacationers from countries outside of Mexico as well as other cities in Mexico. Obviously the news of a great place to stay travels fast and far and wide.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank alizbuk
Management response:Responded April 26, 2011

Muchisimas gracias! We really appreciate you choosing to have such an important event here. We are certainly looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed March 18, 2011

I came to Ajijic to see if it might be a place to spend some time when I retire, since the climate is reputed to be perfect, the cost of living is low, and the people are friendly. We chose to stay at the Casa Blanca Ajijic because it looked charming and was perfectly located near the lake and the plaza. We found all of this to be true and especially loved our room and the proprietors of the Casa Blanca, who made us feel as if we had been "regulars" for years, as several of the guests there at the time actually were. We all enjoyed conversations together outside at breakfast and on and off through the day, and passed the time reading on the patio, walking along the lake, shopping and eating in local spots, or sitting on a bench people-watching at the plaza. Food and drink were excellent, by the way. I am very much looking forward to becoming one of the "regulars" myself. Many thanks to Joseph, Meredith, Karlos, and others whose names I didn't get, for their warm Mexican hospitality.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Kate_Albany_NY
Management response:Responded April 26, 2011

It was truly a pleasure getting to know you. We look forward to having you join our "regulars"!

Reviewed March 4, 2011

I stayed here for one night but would have loved to stay longer. The hotel is beautiful and the bedroom was lovely. The shower in my room was fantastic - the facilties are definatley 4 star. I also had a lovely meal in the restaurant which was very busy. The service was professional, the food was fantastic and the price for the quality of food was very low. All in all i would definatley reccommend this hotel and i will be back x

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Management response:Responded March 7, 2011

We look forward to your next visit! Thank you!

Reviewed February 26, 2011

I'm looking at buying a house in Lake Chapala and also doing real estate business at the Lake. I found Joseph, the owner of the hotel, and an American, to be informative, an entrepreneur, quietly gracious and sociable. All my needs were met.

To find out how business operates at Lakeside, this is definitely the place to stay.

3000+-member Lake Chapala Society is right across the street!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Management response:Responded March 7, 2011

We are always happy to help in any way we can. Thank you very much for choosing Hotel Casa Blanca.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ajijic
Real de Chapala
#2 of 3 in Jocotepec
La Joya del Lago
La Joya del Lago
#6 of 7 in Ajijic

Been to Hotel Casa Blanca? Share your experiences!