“Absolutely wonderful!”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Ajijic
Morelia, Mexico
“Absolutely wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2011

The purpose of my visit to Ajijic was to attend my own book signing for my latest novel, HOLY BETRAYAL.

About a year ago I stayed at Casa Blanca, during a business trip, and was more than pleased with the room assigned to me, staff and location. When I knew I would be making this latest trip to Ajijic, I naturally thought of Casa Blanca as the place to stay. This time I was even more lucky, I could book a room for an entire week at Casa Blanca, and, to my surprise an excellent full-menu restaruant (Laurent's) has been added to the establishment. That meant I could have beverages and finger foods served at my book signing and meet friends there for lunch, drinks or dinner.

The staff at Casa Blanca treated me like royalty. Those who have lugged several cartons of books around know how bulky and heavy they can be. One of the staff gladly carried the cartons, along with my luggage to my room and helped me move books the day of the book signing. That, in itself, was a bonus.

The restaurant (Laurent's) put its entire staff and restaurant at my disposal. It was my pleasure to hear everyone attending the book signing commenting on how wonderful the food was, the restaurant and hotel, the staff of both and the two lovely patios Casa Blanca keeps in sparkling condition..

The two friends who met me at the bus station in Guadalajara and transported me in their van to the hotel told me that although they have a selection of lovely hotels in Mexico, they would love to spend their next vacation at Casa Blanca. That, in itself, is a testimony of the charm of Casa Blanca.

Will I stay at Casa Blanca again--what a silly question--of course I will. The price is more than fair, the staff is wonderful, as is Joseph the owner (who was as concerned as I that my computer would be repaired before I departed), the location is an easy walk to el centro and its many shops, and those guests I met at Casa Blanca were vacationers from countries outside of Mexico as well as other cities in Mexico. Obviously the news of a great place to stay travels fast and far and wide.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank alizbuk
, Manager at Hotel Casa Blanca, responded to this review, April 26, 2011
Muchisimas gracias! We really appreciate you choosing to have such an important event here. We are certainly looking forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Albany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2011

I came to Ajijic to see if it might be a place to spend some time when I retire, since the climate is reputed to be perfect, the cost of living is low, and the people are friendly. We chose to stay at the Casa Blanca Ajijic because it looked charming and was perfectly located near the lake and the plaza. We found all of this to be true and especially loved our room and the proprietors of the Casa Blanca, who made us feel as if we had been "regulars" for years, as several of the guests there at the time actually were. We all enjoyed conversations together outside at breakfast and on and off through the day, and passed the time reading on the patio, walking along the lake, shopping and eating in local spots, or sitting on a bench people-watching at the plaza. Food and drink were excellent, by the way. I am very much looking forward to becoming one of the "regulars" myself. Many thanks to Joseph, Meredith, Karlos, and others whose names I didn't get, for their warm Mexican hospitality.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Kate_Albany_NY
, Manager at Hotel Casa Blanca, responded to this review, April 26, 2011
It was truly a pleasure getting to know you. We look forward to having you join our "regulars"!
Guadalajara, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2011

I stayed here for one night but would have loved to stay longer. The hotel is beautiful and the bedroom was lovely. The shower in my room was fantastic - the facilties are definatley 4 star. I also had a lovely meal in the restaurant which was very busy. The service was professional, the food was fantastic and the price for the quality of food was very low. All in all i would definatley reccommend this hotel and i will be back x

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
, Manager at Hotel Casa Blanca, responded to this review, March 7, 2011
We look forward to your next visit! Thank you!
Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2011

I'm looking at buying a house in Lake Chapala and also doing real estate business at the Lake. I found Joseph, the owner of the hotel, and an American, to be informative, an entrepreneur, quietly gracious and sociable. All my needs were met.

To find out how business operates at Lakeside, this is definitely the place to stay.

3000+-member Lake Chapala Society is right across the street!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
, Manager at Hotel Casa Blanca, responded to this review, March 7, 2011
We are always happy to help in any way we can. Thank you very much for choosing Hotel Casa Blanca.
Lexington, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2011

Friends, if you've been to Ajijic, you know that nice budget rooms are not that hard to find. Based on the great reviews of this hotel, I decided to make a little splurge and book at the Casa Blanca. I could not have been more disappointed. In fact, I cried. This room (#5) must have been built as an afterthought. It was squeezed between a restaurant and 2 courtyards meaning I could hear every cup and saucer, every conversation on either side, and the nauseating French music (in the restaurant) that droned on throughout the day. Napping was impossible. To boot, since there was a courtyard on either side, it was fairly difficult to get comfy in the bathroom as well since a guy was sitting outside my bathroom window reading. Anyway, I'm on vacation, who needs sleep, right? Let's shower, change and go out. Well, the water pressure was so bad that it was impossible to use the sink and the shower wasn't much better. After about 25 minutes, I did get the conditioner out of my hair by pressing my forehead up against the shower stall to reap the benefits of the 3 holes that actually delivered water. It was bad friends. Maybe the other rooms are great. What else could explain these reviews? And I can tell you the staff was professional and friendly. And I can also report the creme brulee at the restaurant is rather good. But to pay this amount for a room where you can't sleep, feel funny going to the bathroom, can't use the sink, and the shower is a marathon makes you wonder what you paid for.....

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KYMary
, Manager at Hotel Casa Blanca, responded to this review, March 7, 2011
You had such nice things to say about the hotel and the room, it surprised us to see this review! But, we are truly sorry you did not enjoy your stay. If you were willing to give us another chance, we will certainly make it up to you. Two nights is too short to really enjoy Ajijic, so we hope you will be able to stay longer next time. Also, we have not yet found the problems you mentioned with the water pressure, but we will keep checking to be sure. Thanks again for your comments!
Lyons, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2011

The Art of Service is a long forgotten form here in the US. I can tell you that it is alive and well at the Casa Blanca Hotel. From the moment I arrived at the airport and Avo (Carlos) greeted me with a smile, to the wonderful hotel setting and afternoon drinks at the restaurant the owner Joseph and his staff made my stay first rate. You are situated in a perfect location within walking distance of all attractions; but when you get back to the Casa Blanca hotel and either sit in the courtyard surrounded by scents of flowers and sounds of soft music or sitting off you private balcony enjoying a coffee or drink your senses will be equally delighted and your worries will fall to the wayside.

Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank nkirkland
, Manager at Hotel Casa Blanca, responded to this review, March 2, 2011
Thank you for such nice compliments!
zihuatanejo mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2011

This small but very charming hotel has a lovely ambience in the courtyard which is at the rear of the very successful restaurant in front. The rooms are spacious enough for a short stay with my only concern being the lack of comfortable seating and good lighting for reading. The 2 small tables both inside and outside are indeed in lovely spots but as usual in Mexico comortable chairs are lacking. The location puts one in the center of all Ajijic has to offer.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank zihuatraveller
, Manager at Hotel Casa Blanca, responded to this review, March 2, 2011
We truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review and we appreciate your suggestions. Thanks!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ajijic
Real de Chapala
#2 of 26 in Ajijic
La Riberena
La Riberena
#2 of 6 in Ajijic

Been to Hotel Casa Blanca? Share your experiences!