“We loved eating here!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 27, 2014

This little restaurant is just a little north of the town plaza. When we discovered it we didn't check out many other restaurants -- every meal we had here was so great! The first time we ate here my husband had emolada (sp?), which was their dish of the day. I fell in love with their salads -- so fresh, organic, innovative! Their coffees (each hand-made) were excellent. Also loved their lemonada and sangria. Their cheesecake was soooo good! We loved the family, Patricia and Luis, and their children: Alejandra (chef extraordinaire!) and teen son Luis (Jr.) They were always so welcoming! I'm attaching a picture of the family and a staff member and of a salad, pad thai and cheesecake.

1  Thank rdare

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I had my second visit to this small village restaurant recently for breakfast and now i know why I liked it the first time. Great chilaquiles and has browns that were spiced just right. Located near Ajijic's plaza Ritchie 88 offers a casual dining experience with a great menu and very well prepared food. This is now one of my favorite eating spots and has its unique appeal. Check it out

2  Thank swamperdawg
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Food is excellent, upscale and fresh. Atmosphere and owners are friendly. I've been there twice and the service was hit and miss. On our first visit we were the only customers and were forgotten. We were a group the second time and one person's meal was not made.

1  Thank 977susans977
Reviewed March 2, 2014

The food is delicious and imaginative. I have eaten there three times and will come back once more before I leave. In addition to well-prepared Mexican fare, highlights included: a blue-cheese hamburger and the finest cheese cake I have ever had. But because of the special additions my peak experience was the spinach salad with balsamic vinegar and goat cheese, currants, pumpkin seeds and pineapple chunks. Inspired by the day's fresh shrimp hamburger special, I asked if I could have some shrimp on the salad. The reply was, "Certainly, and would you like some octopus too?" The husband and wife who own and operate the restaurant are bi-lingual and friendly. It is located within half a block of Ajijic plaza but is quiet and relaxed - especially in the outdoor garden. I recommend it highly.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

If your looking for a quick gourmet burger or just a bowl of soup Ritchie 88 is the place to stop. Friendly staff, clean, very nice food presentation. One of the best burgers in Mexico.

1  Thank Bill P