“richie 88”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We visited Richie 88 because of Tripadvisor ranking it #2. We were very disappointed. Service was horrible. We waited 30 minutes for a cup of coffee, and longer for our food. Just eggs and they were Ok but we will never go back. There were no other customers when we were there, and still no one came to give us a menu. Maybe lunch is better.

1  Thank ginnyg6868

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Stopped by for a late breakfast at Ritchie 88, which is just 1/2 block north of Plaza on Colon.
Patricia the owner and her family were extremely hospitable and shared the family history.
Their daughter is studying to be chef and her husband prepared the food.
Ate on the patio in the back and had great food, plus superb coffee.
Plan to go back for a lunch - only open from 8 AM to 4 PM

Reviewed January 16, 2014

very good food a little pricey compared to others in ajijic but worth it upscale dining for the area

1  Thank cigarscotchtravel
Reviewed January 14, 2014

This is like eating at your grandma's house. The owners seem to know a lot of the customers and they treat everyone like royalty. For about 10 dollars, I had a mega burger with fries and a lemonade. The gentleman sitting at the table next to me highly recommended the lasagna, which I hope to try next time in town. They really do go out of their way to make you feel welcome here and the food is pretty good too.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

my favorite coffee in Ajijic, the Latte, large mug, foamy, delicious. After just a few visits Luis and Patricia welcome me like an old friend. They encourage me to use my spanish and the lessons come with no additional cost. Today I had the beans in addition to my eggs and hash browns. Everything is absolutely delicious, the salsa is the best. Tortilla soup was great. I have no idea how the tortilla strips stay crispy. The sangria was light and deliciously refreshing. Trip Advisor lists the wrong address, they are on the west side of the plaza, 5 doors or so up from the Police station. Colon No.4