“Great food!”

Lake Taco
Ranked #22 of 162 Restaurants in Ajijic
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Everyone has been talking about the tacos at Lake Taco. I want to tell you about the other food. Their fish and salad entree is perfect for someone on a strict diet...salad dressing and fish sauce on the side. I have also had their arrachera and salad, and it was wonderful too. We actually got there late one evening...a little after 4:30 and I got the arrachera and salad, and it had so much meat on it. I figured since it was so late, I got a bonus...have to try that again! Great taste.

I think their hamburgers (made with arrachera) are the best in the Lake Chapala area. I had a special one time that had mushroom sauce on fish...I don't know why I decided to get it, because I don't usually care for sauce on fish...it was delicious...I would definitely get it again. Their burritos are huge and tasty. The staff is very friendly and bi-lingual. You can bring your dog. You can get you car washed next door and pay for it at the restaurant. They have a wonderful herb garden surrounding the restaurant. The views are perfect, and it's very clean.

They also have Modelo Light beer (100 calories and very tasty!)

I am always too full to try their desserts, but they sound wonderful, and I plan to some day. Maybe I'll just go there for dessert and coffee!

They do serve breakfast, and they close at 5:00 pm.

2  Thank HappyFeet_Ajijic

Reviewed July 6, 2014

i can walk from my place on the libramiento.. think they may still be closed on sundays.. other days i believe open til 5pm.. yummy always

1  Thank stitchintime6
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Not classy but good tacos. If you want to do something different and enjoy a fast breakfast you can come here. Open clean place but next to a gas station. Service is fine.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is a popular little restaurant. They have fish and shrimp tacos with a "fix-it" bar. Also fish and chips cooked any way you want (fried, grilled, etc.) and other menu selections. They also have a full service bar. The seating is open air under a palapa with a view of the lake.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Lake Taco is very close to brother-in-law's home, so we go fairly often when visiting. Earlier this month we (again) enjoyed their yummy fish tacos (Mahi Mahi was catch of the day) with an ice-cold cerveza. Lots of great taste for not a lot of cash. What more can you ask?