“A nice place for breakfast”
Review of La Una - CLOSED

La Una
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, indoors or outdoors in our lush garden.Featuring Eggs Benedict, New Mexican style Huevos Rancheros, new and improved Belgium Waffle, fresh baked croissant sandwiches and wonderful salads.Our dinner menu includes Duck confit with orange sauce, Duck breast with raspberry sauce, Quail, Filet Mignon, various seafood and more.
Ajijic, Mexico
“A nice place for breakfast”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

It is located right across the street from the church and is spic and span. The menu is good and they serve other meals as well as breakfast. Doug, the owner, will do his best to make your meal an enjoyable one and besides that, he is just a nice guy. Enjoy

Visited January 2014
Douglas F, Owner at La Una, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thanks Jay for the nice review. You are a nice guy too!

San Diego, California
“Excellent small restaurant near Ajijic center.”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We enjoyed one of the best Salmon dinners we have ever had, with delicious wine, and returned for lunch twice during the week we were in Ajijic. Also, the owners were so friendly and informative.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank OpenTicket2
Douglas F, Owner at La Una, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
I was so pleased by your words that I read your other reviews. By the the way that you talk about where you have been, I can tell that you really enjoy your travels. Good for you! Thanks for taking the time to review our humble establishment.
Bon voyage y buen provecho
Ajijic, Mexico
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is a small very clean restaurant on one of the cobblestone side streets in the heart of Ajijic. It is easy to get to. The owners and staff are very friendly, a nice choice of food on the menu and reasonably priced. All their dishes are very tasty, reasonably priced and the portions are quite generous. Nice for both lunch and dinner. No reservations are required.

Visited November 2013
Dear Marito326,
Thank you for reviewing Restaurante La Una. I see that you enjoyed our lunch and dinner. I bet you would also like our breakfast.
Saludos
Apache Junction, Arizona
“Delicious lunch, beautiful patio”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The owner was very friendly, service was great and so was the food. Nice atmosphere and beautiful patio.

Visited July 2013
Douglas F, Owner at La Una, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Thank you for the nice review. Please let me know how we can improve this restaurant so that you feel that we deserve a five plate review.
Saludos
Rocklin
“Over-rated”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

mayberated maybe I expect too much when it comes to breakfast in Mexico, as When I go out to eat for breakfast, I want a hearty meal, not fru-fru.
The only beverage they offered us was coffee, I understand this may be unusual, but we are not coffee drinkers - we were not offered anything else to drink! Not juice, not even water!
My wife had eggs & potatoes - we are use to getting a large portion of potatoes - what she got was 2 halves of a pretty small potatoe.
My waffle with Raspberry syrup was very tasty, but not enough for the price paid.
On the hunt for a better breakfast value in Ajijic!

• Visited October 2013
Douglas F, Owner at La Una, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
I am sorry that we did not provide the large amounts of potatoes that you are accustomed to in the US. It is our policy to serve quality food. Normally our quantities are sufficient for normal people.
Thanks for taking the time to review La Una.