“Excellent pasta and great service....”

La Taverna dei Quattro Mori
Ranked #53 of 145 Restaurants in Ajijic
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent pasta and great service....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

A treat for us. A first time here in the western part of Ajijic. Nice menu and daily specials. Pasta is homemade and delicious. Lots of options to choose from. Service and bar selections were good
Nice atmosphere on the whole. Will for sure go back soon. Cheers and Happy eats.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Vivafood

Ajijic, Mexico
“Good home style Italian cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

The owners are from Liverno, Italy. The food is very authentic and good. The venue does not feel at all commercial, not a chain restaurant at all. It's more of a mom and pop restaurant that has grown quite popular over the years. First discovered by the local expats and now a favored place for the Guadalajara Mexican foodies. I would highly recommend it. Not fancy, but authentic and often uncommon food.

• Visited September 2012
Tacoma, Washington
“Twice, excellant bot times”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

I really hate to give this place a good review since I may not be able to get in when I want to. My wife and I have dined here twice, once with friends and once alone. It was outstanding both times. We love the feel of the place. We have always set outside but, there is a dinning room in the back. The special board always has something interesting, my wife had lamb liver and onions last time and it was to die for. Perfectly cooked, fork tender, I was sorry I had something else but it was good too. The wait staff is attentive and very friendly, we enjoy the entire experience each tme we have dined here. Please stay away so we will no be disapointed when we want to have dinner here. I'm kidding,--maybe not.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank edrasa1
Panama City Beach FL
“Freshest Pasta Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2011

It's located at the west end of Ajijic on the corner of a small strip center. You have to really look to find it. Our hostess pointed it out to us and warned not to be in a hurry because everything is made from scratch - including the pasta. I ordered the shrimp alfredo while my husband ordered the lasagna. Both were outstanding and portions very generous. The alfredo sauce was not super thick nor overwhelming in garlic, which is a plus to me. They brought out fresh baked bread with olive oil. Later a basket of fresh baked pizza crust was delivered to our table. I had never eaten plain pizza crust but wow, it was lightly seasoned and very good. The margaritas were so-so but not the greatest.

• Visited December 2011