“BRUNO'S - One of Ajijic's Oldest and Consistent Steak Restaurants”
Review of Bruno's Restaurant

Bruno's Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 152 Restaurants in Ajijic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Bruno's Steakhouse EST. 1985
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We have a Semi Monthly Dinner group that chooses the best restaurants in Ajijic to dine at. We all are permanent residents of Ajijic.

Six of us from our Semi Monthly Dinner group ate at Bruno's Restaurant on Friday June 1. Two of us had the famous Baseball Filet, one had the Ladie's Filet, one had the BBQ ribs, tender and delicious, one had Prime Rib and one had Sea Bass in Garlic sauce. First the meals are served with a Caesar Salad with pine nuts. A very tasty and crunchy Dinner salad. All the meals are served with a large Baked potato with a chunk of butter and a quarter ear of buttered corn. You can ask for sour cream for your potato.

Everyone loved their meals. Bruno's is one of the oldest restaurants in Ajijic, only outdone in years by Manix and the Old Posada. The prices are reasonable.

You may not see Bruno around much as his health has been declining over the past two years. His daughter Vicky runs the restaurant now. She closed her own restaurant Vicky's Hideaway.

BRUNO'S Restaurant - 766 1674
Open 11:30 AM to 8:30 PM.

There are newer reviews for Bruno's Restaurant

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Bruno's is a favorite of mine, the steaks are great. They serve a fillet (called a 'baseball') that is just great. The meal starts with a fresh green salad and then the main meal of steak, baked potato, and a deep fried cauliflower. I hope you are hungry because there is plenty to eat. Bruno's is a great steak house! If you order anything other than a steak, the quality is often less than steller, and that is just a word of caution. The service is hit or miss, depending if the owner/manager is there, and also how busy they are. The wine selection is good, but overpriced. Highly recommend this steak house.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Have gone back twice for this delicious and perfectly cooked steak... the service is great with very pretty young senoritas doing an excellent job. This ample steak is a bargain at $140 Pesos and the baked potato is wonderful just with butter... nice sweet corn on the cob (actually on the cob on a stick) and a deep fried cauliflower floret or mushroom maybe for decoration but is tasty as can be.

They have recently opened for lunch and is next on my hit list... most entrees at $50 Pesos or less and they look great!

Maybe a reservation in the evening.

Reviewed February 3, 2012

My wife and I went there for my birthday dinner. when we arrived the lunch menu was still out and i noticed they had Prime rib for lunch. I asked the waitress if they might have some left for dinner, she said no so I ordered something else, no big deal. Well not more than 2 min. after we ordered a older gentleman came in and sat right next to us and also asked about the prime rib for dinner, and to my astonishment they had some for him. when I asked the lady that seemed to be in charge why they had some for him and not for me her reply was "I know him, sorry"
My steak was good, my wife's garlic shrimp was way too salty.
I will never go there again and encourage you to go somewhere else also , unless you know them.

1  Thank Terry B
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Known for its baked potatoes and “baseball” filet mignon, rib eye, and hamburger. A go-to place on the main highway, according to the guidebooks, but that was when Bruno personally presided over the staff to ensure quality of food and service. Bruno’s not around much anymore, and his daughter has moved on. Take the hint and move on to something better.

1  Thank DonMiguelLasVegas