“Best gumbo this side of New Orleans!”
Review of Gossip's Kitchen

Gossip's Kitchen
Ranked #7 of 157 Restaurants in Ajijic
Cuisines: African
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Gossips is our favorite restaurant in Ajijic. The food is always consistently full of flavor and wonderfully presented. And you can't beat the daily specials posted on the blackboard. My husband has the gumbo with a piece of cornbread probably 75% of the time. He says it stacks up with any he has tasted in New Orleans.

3  Thank AjijicWeezie

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I go to this restaurant four times per week--minimum. I would go every day but it's closed on Sunday. The menu covers a wide range of selections, with each dish carefully prepared and beautifully prepared. Where else can you go for such beautiful presentations and innovative cuisine? Perhaps the most singular feature is Ismet's skill at seasoning the selections he chooses. I've read many comments about the noise and I suggest moving inside. It's cool, not dusty, very quiet, with no traffic and no dust. Tables seat four our more. Your can watch your food being prepared. You can chat with the waiters and Ismet. You can take your computer and work. I just can't say enough about this lovely place.

1  Thank ksofka
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We go to Gossips a couple of times a week for dinner, I just don't have issues with the location that so many reviewers have. I did notice that the noise level on the street is higher during the one time I went for lunch, it's much less noisy at dinner. I will even go as far as to say I enjoy the atmosphere, we always sit on the patio...the servers are excellent , there is a lot to just sit and watch.
Oysters on the half shell have been amazingly good, I love the special sauces ...you can make each oyster a different flavor sensation. There is always an interesting special, the beer is always very cold. I love the gumbo, it is a little different every time but consistently good. Mussels are
another favorite. I always try to remember to ask for salad dressing on the side, they put too much for my tastes....

1  Thank Betsy G
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Food and service fine, right on carretera so not ideal. indoor and outdoor dining..reasonable prices..casual atmosphere

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I visited Gossips for dinner twice in my 2 week vacation in Ajijic. The highlights: caesar salad with the cornbread croutons, drunken ribs, shepherd's pie AND the banana bread pudding. Ismet, the owner offers curries and fresh seafood as well as a gentle welcoming atmosphere.

1  Thank Carol B