“Quaint Restaurant...good food!!”
Review of La Vina - CLOSED

La Vina
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 8, 2011

Last night was our second time at La Vina. We know the Chef/Owner from his previous location and the quality and range of foods are very good. He maintains the same high standards and takes a personal interest in ensuring his clients are provided with good service. The location is great with parking on the street and nearby on the lake front. It is conveniently located to the main part of the village. With reasonable prices La Vina is well worth the visit.

3  Thank CliveGCT

Reviewed February 23, 2011

Our party of six was extremely happy with everything about this restaurant. We highly recommend the barbeque ribs and the breaded coconut shrimp. The vegetables were the best we've had presented at any Ajijic restaurant. We were delighted that all six of our meals arrived at the table at once - a rare occurence in Ajijic. The server was personable and spoke good English. Great value as well - $10 per person without wine. Wine pricing is reasonable. We'll be back!

3  Thank B-niner
Reviewed February 11, 2011

I have my favourite restaurants in the village... My inclination - especially when I'm dining late and starving - is to go someplace I'm familiar with... A place where I can envision my plate as I walk to my destination... But at least once a week I try something new and that "new" sometimes becomes a favourite... Such is the case with La Vina... Admittedly it is just getting it's legs (no wait staff) and experiencing the odd problem of opening months (wine only - no bar)... However, these issues were really irrelevant... The space is beautiful - outdoors and under a canopy of trees... The food was incredible and so reasonably priced... The chef was absolutely charming - cooking and waiting... And one of the highlights for me was the side of perfectly steamed vegetables and roasted potatoes that accompanied my coconut shrimp... I am rarely in a hurry down here and often in the company of friends with whom I choose to spend time... La Vina was a perfect fit for a lazy evening under the Mexican moon... I look forward to my next meal...

2  Thank TraveljaneAlberta
Reviewed January 13, 2011

I have eaten at many fantastic restaurants in different countries but La Viña really exceeded all of our expectations. The food was beyond amazing and we enjoyed every course, but it was the service that really put the restaurant head and shoulders above others....

4  Thank Alexsay
Reviewed November 27, 2010

I usually wait for a new restaurant to iron out all the kinks before my first experience but in this case the Chef IS the owner so I know his cuisine very well, or at least I thought I did. I now see that all these years in Ajijic (1st Asst. Chef at Tango, head chef at Ricoleta) he has been cooking how the owners wanted the meals cooked. WOW! now he cooks HIS WAY and even though I didn't think it could get better it did!!! in a big way!!! The ambiance at La Viña is awesome and the food/cuisine is better than any other. I live here year-round so I eat at all the restaurants and this will be my number 1 restaurant to enjoy it all. The Chef, Memo, is still getting his place to exactly how he wants it but he's very close to that happening. Full service bar, soft music and soon he will be taking reservations, right now there is room to sit, relax and take in the entire experience the owner is creating. You will NOT go wrong bringing out out-of-town friends or your locals who haven't tried it yet. Parking at the Lake is ample and on your walks around the village it is a few blocks from the Plaza. You gotta experience La Viña. Oh, did I mention there are private rooms for parties or card/game board events...Check it out!

4  Thank sfjerryca