“Very Tasty”

Simply Thai
Ranked #77 of 145 Restaurants in Ajijic
Cuisines: Thai, Central Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Ajijic, Mexico
“Very Tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Have been there several times... Good variety of Thai food... The Curries are great and tasty. Portions are adequate and the prices are fair... Ambience is good and servers are friendly.

• Visited February 2014

san francisco
“One of the weirder restaurant experiences...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

The wall of this place is filled with good reviews and awards so I wanted to like it. And I was so happy to see Thai food had come to Ajijic. But what a strange experience.

I arrived on a very warm Sunday afternoon around 3 pm. A table of 4 was finishing up on the main floor and the three other downstairs tables were empty. Yet the gal at the door said, 'Do you mind having a table upstairs? Anywhere you like..." I didn't exactly see crowds pushing thru the door to take those other 3 tables, but I said ok and went up to an even warmer upstairs. 'Just don't forget about me up there, " I joked.

AND GUESS WHAT? They did. Eventually after about 10 min, someone arrived to FINALLY bring a menu. I was nearly passed out from the heat by then and asked if a glass of water could come immediately...and i quickly ordered, food and a drink, sure that if she left again I'd never see her. She said she'd be right back with water first . AND NEVER RETURNED.

Yep. So I went downstairs to get my own damn water :) Were there apologies? no. Gave me water with a quizzical look. Then I went back up to wait another 10 minutes. Still no drink.

I went back down to get water again. Meanwhile the entire GROUND floor is now empty and I am upstairs in my little heat barracks. Yes, I should have left this sorry place but by then the order was placed. When it finally came 15 minutes later the spring rolls were limp and soggy, the peanut sauce pure salt. Almost inedible.

I only post on tripadvisor when a place is amazing or terrible. Guess this spot made the cut. Wow, never to be repeated and too bad as the owner seemed sweet. But truly terrible service combined with mediocre food makes a no-return spot.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank tigressa
Ajijic, Mexico
“Good Thai Food, Pleasant Environment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Simply Thai is located across the corner from the Lake Chapala Society. It is open everyday at 8:30 a.m. except Wednesday and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. We went on a Sunday afternoon and ordered the combination dinner plate which came with crispy egg rolls, spring rolls, red curry chicken and sweet and sour chicken and steamed rice. Our meal was very good, and fresh. The restaurant is clean and the atmosphere is very Asian - with elephants on the menus and napkins, and bamboo everywhere. Dining is in the covered patio. Very nice place. I highly recommend. More in-depth information at www.lakechapalarestaurantguide@blogspot.com

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Bonnie G
Guelph, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Spot to relax & visit with friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

They have a good selection of

They have a good selection of Thia dishes & the ones I had were very good. Food was fresh & was presented well. We always enjoyed eating on the roof top overlooking walls of flowers. Just a great place to relax & visit.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Pat T
Los Angeles, California
“Nice Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

When I visited in early February, I was told they had just recently started serving breakfast. I ordered eggs and bacon. I think I caught them off guard when I ordered my eggs poached. I changed it to over easy. The cook did a great job with an over easy egg and it was a nice breakfast. The rear patio is lovely. Next time I will give Simply Thai a try for some traditional Thai food.

• Visited February 2014