“One of the Best Restaurants in Ajijic”
Review of El Jardin de Ninette - MOVED

El Jardin de Ninette
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We were walking by Ninette and looked in and decided to try it and wow, were we ever glad we did. The food is fabulous! We had the scallops for an appy and they were the best we ever had. Done to perfection, not overcooked and very tasty. We actually ate there twice. The first time we had the scallops and ceviche to start and the ceviche was great as well. Then my husband had the coffee encrusted pork chops which he loved and I had the duck breast which was done perfectly and served with a blackberry sauce. The next time we went he had the seafood combo which was shrimps, scallops and salmon. I had the tuna wrapped in bacon which was so yummy it melted in your mouth. You can have your meals served with the smashed potatoes with garlic and mustard which my husband had. I opted out for the vegetables sauted with ginger both times and they were excellent. For dessert they served a warm chocolate cake with chocolate sauce and whipped cream which is to die for! I had this both times while my husband had the chocolate moose both times which he enjoyed as well.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Located a little outside the central core, this restaurant is an excellent choice for good food, ambiance and service. We have been there three times over the past month - and it has been consistently good. Wine lists in Ajijic tend to be somewhat sparse, but with a reasonable selection. The menus provides several good choices, but is not particularly vegetarian friendly - we have resorted to eating fish where no other reasonable selection is presented. Throughout Ajijic you need to be careful that the waiter has understood you clearly, particularly if you are communicating in English. The Saturday evening entertainment is entertainment features local talent and is well worth the visit on that basis alone. We go with friends and have never had anyone complain. Owner is frequently on site on keeps a pretty close eye on everything.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

El Jardin was a terrific, inventive and good value meal in a friendly, and cozy setting. The chef is creative and the dishes are nicely presented. A fine upscale choice.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

When owner/chef is there food is outstanding. Excellent fish dishes. Service is friendly but slow. Nice garden setting.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Not what you'd expect in a town of 10,000 people. Perhaps the best pork chops (crusted with coffee and with bourbon sauce) I've had in more than a year, and my wife had lamb she was stunned by. Great flaminco (it was Saturday). Small, intimate, garden setting.

1  Thank John R