“One of Ajijic's top restaurants”

Roberto's Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 145 Restaurants in Ajijic
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Ajijic, Mexico
“One of Ajijic's top restaurants”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

For excellent food at moderate prices from an extensive menu in a delightful setting, there is nothing to beat Roberto's. Add the two musicians accompanying your dinner, and the evening is sure to be a memorable one.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank cpmanning1

• Turkish first
Lakeshore, Canada
“Never disappointing”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We love this place. We've never had a bad experience, the food and service is always good. Those that know the area are aware that day-to-day some places can be up or down but for us Roberto's is pretty consistent. Last year we had some fabulous wines that they brought in from a wine shop in Guadalajara, sadly they're not doing that any more, I wish they'd bring that back.

On our last visit the waiter was very attentive and polite, smiles all around. The food was perfect as always. I strongly recommend this restaurant, one of the best in town.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank AjiJalFoodie
Massachusetts
“Meh.”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We ate there twice. Dinner was quite good, 4 stars, good service, and the piano playing was pleasant and unobtrusive. Interesting selection of entrees and very nice setting in the garden of a lovely old home. Unimpressed with the Sunday brunch, though, which they tout as their big specialty. The waiter (there are no waitresses) was haughty and service very slow. Their website implies a buffet of fruits and pastries with a chosen entree; but what we got was a tiny plate of wilted unripe fruit and a couple of boring pieces of bread with nasty butter/margarine blend and what looked like jam but turned out to be ketchup, of all things! Fruit in the area is abundant, cheap, and delicious, so I was mystified by this. The entrees were OK, nothing special.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Chris F
Ajijic, Jalisco, Mexico
“I could eat breakfast, lunch and dinner here!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Love, love, love this restaurant. Great food, wonderful ambiance, and friendly staff. The restaurant has both inside and outside sitting areas, the tables outside are in the middle of a garden, and there is always a gentle breeze to enhance the sound of the fountain. Roberto is a wonderful host, and the staff are always great. I have been there so often I have tried almost everything on the menu, and have not been able to find fault with anything. This is where I take my family and friends when they visit.

• Visited February 2014
“Family friendly”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I'm surprised to find that this place isn't ranked higher. It was an awesome place with staff who went out of their way to accommodate my 14 month old daughter. The food was better than delicious! The service gets two thumbs up! The atmosphere was comfortable. Of all the places my family ate at in Ajijic, this was our favorite and most family friendly.

Visited February 2014