All reviews lake chapala the owner beautiful hotel stay there again old world charm great menu his mother family run hotel garden overlooking the lake dead end street included breakfast longer stay few short blocks hotel restaurant pasta dishes floor room stayed here for nights
Selected filters
Reviewed January 11, 2020

Wonderful old hotel in a charming location. Spacious, comfortable rooms and attentive staff. The complimentary breakfast was fantastic, wish we could have stayed for dinner. Our 3rd floor room involved a lot of stairs, but it was fine as we had been told of that before booking. We would certainly stay here again.

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed December 16, 2019

well my wife and I came down to La Nueva Posada hotel for the first time, we got a big supprise, the room was big and the bathroom was great.. Not a fancy new hotel but a very quaint hotel with lots of charm.. we came down on Dec. 12 and stayed to Dec.17th..Michical who is one of the owners is very very nice , he took the time to come over to us at dinner, and asked if every thing is ok and do we need anything, the breakfast is the best, most hotels have a buffet . this hotel does not, the cook everything the way you like it.. I give Breakfast a 10 out of 10, ********** we came to Ajijic to do some shopping in Tonala (45 mins away) very little traffit .looking for a nice quaint hotel this is the place...

Room tip: rooms facing the pool is very nice.
Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed November 20, 2019 via mobile

What a wonderful , magical visit to Ajijic, MX. We love to celebrate Dia de los Muertos every year here in San Diego but this year wanted to be in the heart of Mexico for the yearly celebration. Our friend suggested staying at La Nuevo Posada, it is an older Mexican style hotel right on Lake Chapala in Ajijic MX.

We felt the warm embrace of the Mexican culture as soon as we arrived. The hotel staircase is a beautiful statement of Mexican architecture. The hotel owners are very involved in the hotel and the restaurant and we saw them everyday at breakfast, which is included with your room.

The restaurant has outdoor seating and also caters to the many charitable organizations in Ajijic.

The walk to the square, where the celebrations were held all weekend, was a 10 minute walk through cobblestone streets. Also, a 10 minute walk to the Wednesday Market which is where everyone in the town shops weekly.

The food in the restaurant was very good and the Mexican dishes were traditional and tasty. They also serve other fare other than just Mexican. I stuck to the Mexican food because it was so good.

There are also other restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. Our favorite was Pasta Trenta which has 30 different pasta dishes and is run by some truly up and coming people in Ajijic. If you want a change from Mexican food this is truly worth the stop.

Our room overlooked the lake and had a balcony just perfect for watching sunsets.

We were there for nine days and by the time we left we felt like family of the staff and owners of La Nueva Posada...it was truly a wonderful experience for us.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 15, 2019 via mobile

This was our second visit to this hotel. We stayed in 2017 also. Great location. Very nice ambiance. You can walk to the Centro or melacon. The hotel is very clean. Service is great. We plan to stay there again the next time we are In Ajijic. Rooms are spacious and comfortable.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2019

I spent the last 5 days in Ajijic having some oral surgery. We chose La Nueva Posada for price, but I'll be returning for quality. The staff is wonderful and the beds very comfortable. Such a cute hotel with such good service and the food is delicious! They made sure I had what I needed after my surgery and even moved a small fridge into my room so I could have ice packs as needed. Mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy delivered to my room! One thing to know - they stop serving any food or drink at 6pm. Not a big deal for us.

Date of stay: October 2019