Tripadvisor
Ajijic
All reviews lake chapala the owner beautiful hotel stay there again old world charm great menu his mother family run hotel garden overlooking the lake dead end street included breakfast longer stay few short blocks hotel restaurant pasta dishes floor room stayed here for nights
Selected filters
Reviewed November 20, 2019 via mobile

What a wonderful , magical visit to Ajijic, MX. We love to celebrate Dia de los Muertos every year here in San Diego but this year wanted to be in the heart of Mexico for the yearly celebration. Our friend suggested staying at La Nuevo Posada, it is an older Mexican style hotel right on Lake Chapala in Ajijic MX.

We felt the warm embrace of the Mexican culture as soon as we arrived. The hotel staircase is a beautiful statement of Mexican architecture. The hotel owners are very involved in the hotel and the restaurant and we saw them everyday at breakfast, which is included with your room.

The restaurant has outdoor seating and also caters to the many charitable organizations in Ajijic.

The walk to the square, where the celebrations were held all weekend, was a 10 minute walk through cobblestone streets. Also, a 10 minute walk to the Wednesday Market which is where everyone in the town shops weekly.

The food in the restaurant was very good and the Mexican dishes were traditional and tasty. They also serve other fare other than just Mexican. I stuck to the Mexican food because it was so good.

There are also other restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. Our favorite was Pasta Trenta which has 30 different pasta dishes and is run by some truly up and coming people in Ajijic. If you want a change from Mexican food this is truly worth the stop.

Our room overlooked the lake and had a balcony just perfect for watching sunsets.

We were there for nine days and by the time we left we felt like family of the staff and owners of La Nueva Posada...it was truly a wonderful experience for us.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 15, 2019 via mobile

This was our second visit to this hotel. We stayed in 2017 also. Great location. Very nice ambiance. You can walk to the Centro or melacon. The hotel is very clean. Service is great. We plan to stay there again the next time we are In Ajijic. Rooms are spacious and comfortable.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2019

I spent the last 5 days in Ajijic having some oral surgery. We chose La Nueva Posada for price, but I'll be returning for quality. The staff is wonderful and the beds very comfortable. Such a cute hotel with such good service and the food is delicious! They made sure I had what I needed after my surgery and even moved a small fridge into my room so I could have ice packs as needed. Mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy delivered to my room! One thing to know - they stop serving any food or drink at 6pm. Not a big deal for us.

Date of stay: October 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2019 via mobile

This is a friendly, well maintained, conveniently located family owned hotel in Ajijic. I will definitely book accommodations here when I visit Ajijic next time. Reasonable room rate including a wide range of well prepared breakfast options.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 3, 2019

I was very pleased with this hotel! We were a long ways from home (Australia) and the owners made us feel very comfortable. They gave us local maps, helped us with finding places,helped with the tipping and set up the drive back to the airport with their driver. The location is excellent and the hotel restaurant and service is fantastic. There is no aircon but there is a ceiling fan. We had to have the sliding glass door open through the night. I would have preferred a lock on the screen door but we felt very safe at all times. For location, service, cleanliness, safety and staff, I would fully recommend this hotel! D&J

Date of stay: September 2019