“Elegance with an Edge”

4 Restaurant
Cuisines: African, Asian, French, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: "4" AJIJIC offers a variety of international dishes, the largest wine list around the lake as well as delicious cocktails from its two bars looking to satisfy the most refined palate, the most intense cravings, to celebrate special moments, or just to enjoy a great night. Everything here is made with the highest quality, first class ingredients. The Afro-Asian fusion influenced dishes or the French based ones create a combination of flavors that is a delight for the most sophisticated palates. In our extensive wine list (with over 55 labels), you'll be able to find the best Mexican wines available today as well as the finest French, Italian , Spanish, Argentinian and Chilean and American wines. While our bars are known for their fresh juice Martinis there is also an impressive number of creative cocktails.
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Come here expecting good food in an elegant setting, then be surprised at the warmth of the staff, the originality of the chefs' own dishes and the artistry of presentation. The gorgonzola salad became a meal in itself, with a twist in the flavours of the dressing...I never did figure out what the secret ingredient was, but it was delicious. I took home most of my prime rib entrée, which I sliced over my own salad for lunch the next day, making the prix fixe dinner even more of a bargain! A dessert with yummy dark chocolate curls finished off a delightful meal under a canopy of tropical palms.

I would recommend this fine restaurant to anyone with a taste for excellence and an eye for value!

Reviewed August 4, 2012

I learned to love the expresso martini here! Food is consistently high grade, service at the top!!!! Her wine tastings have become a vehicle for excellent food to reach our humble paletes.

1  Thank ajijic4me
Reviewed June 27, 2012

A bit pricier than most of the local restaurants but the food was good and the music was excellent. We found the drinks to be weak and the margaritas not the best in Ajijic. Good atmosphere and nice evening.

1  Thank RomeoandJuliet1989
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I didn't think it was possible, but my second meal at numberFOUR was even better than my first!
I had the oysters rockefeller and they were INSANE GOOD. They were so fresh tasting and delicious, I even convinced my wife to eat one (even though she was greatly opposed as she is not a seafood person- especially oysters ) and thank you numberFOUR you have made a believer out of even her! Now I can take her to my favorite Oyster bar "Rodney's" back in Toronto without her kicking and screaming! We also had the carpaccio which was delicious, the shrimp martini which was out of this world ( especially the jicama slaw! yum )
Don't even get my wife or I started o the Sticky Toffee banana bread pudding.... what is that sauce they put on it? I swear I dream about it...
I hear they did a wine tasting event that was 5 courses INCLUDING 5 wines for 250 pesos a person?!!!!!! How did we miss this?! numberFOUR please let us know on your website when you will be doing that again because we will be there!!!! Ok- who are we kidding, we will be there anyway!
Keep doing what you do- and we will keep coming back for more.
Danny & Angela

Reviewed May 31, 2012

this is a sophisticted bit of city in a small village-nightclub aatmosphere
Decor is definitely a mix of cosmopolitan and Mexican
The music is some of the best available,
Food is very good though the portioning is gourmet-(smaller than the norm) A hungry gourmand would definitely want one of every offering.
Service is impeccable-drinks very generous-

1  Thank Candis F