“Amazing place for a Weekend Getaway!!!”

Encuentro Guadalupe
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Went to Valle de Guadalupe for the 1st time back in October just for the day and felt in love with it so I decided to plan a weekend getaway since I am from san Diego and it is only an hour drive from the border using the toll roads. And while I was looking for a hotel I came up to this unique concept of hotel that I had read before in different magazines due to its amazing arquitecture. We got to Endemico at night and it was very quiet at the lobby and the cool thing is that you park at the entrace and a Land Rover takes you up to your room. Just as a heads up, you get to hike a little to your room and at night you gets this cool flash lights that help a lot. The "Pods" are really cool and very well equipped. They have all the luxuries that you need from AC to Heater expcept for a TV (which who need a tv in such a place). There are no phones, you comunicate with everyone thru a radio (room service, request for pick ups, etc...) but there is WIFI which it is cool to stay in touch with the outside world if you need to. In the morning we requested the coffee which I truly recommend to do every morning and just embrace the view. Later we went to the restaurant which was a nice walk and had an amazing breakfast and finished with the best Micheladas I had in a while. During the day you can either relax at the hotel and enjoy the pool or you can go to the wineries which there are plenty and incredible!!! We did not have dinner at the hotel, instead we went to "Laja" which I truly recommend, it is a little pricey but worth every bite. If anybody that is doubting to go, please dont and just Go!!! Valle de Guadalupe is a hidden charm and halp the price you would spent in Napa or anywhere else in California. The roads are safe, no crime and 5 star hotels, restaurants and servicw!!!

Room Tip: When you make the reservation, if it is a romatic trip ask them for one of the pods with the view
2  Thank pinchivida
There are newer reviews for Encuentro Guadalupe

Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I came for a weekend getaway to Valle de Guadalupe and stayed a night at Endemico.
Conceptually this hotel is interesting, although I don't understand how the term "glamping" applies except dirt roads connect the "pods" (ultra modern cabins?) and you might get your feet dirty if you are walking in sandals. However, we did not walk much as we were equipped with walkie-talkies to summon their staff to pick us up in golf carts. Inside the "pods" it feels like an Apple store with their all white interiors and ultra modern decor. We love the interiors and design as it appeals to our aesthetic, however, it doesn't seem to "fit" in Valle de Guadelupe. Perhaps the owners foresee a boom in this area and I agree Valle de Guadalupe has much to offer that is overlooked by the LA crowd (I hope it stays that way for our selfish reasons as we very much love coming here for the wine, food, scenery and people).

The pool is the standout of this property. It reminds me of Palm Springs or Malibu with the decor and layout. The music selection is perfect. It is a great place to go at night with a glass of wine, or to have breakfast in the morning and then lounge in the sun.

We were spoiled by eating at the Corazon de Tierra, so after that, any restaurant would be a disappointment. Breakfast by the pool was great, but lunch/dinner is average and overpriced. I think that the hotel is still working out the kinks, but it has a lot of potential. The room rates are very reasonable. I'm happy we experienced it before being "discovered."

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jacqueline N
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This hotel really is striking, especially in contrast to the surrounding area. Both the exterior and interiors are beautifully designed, and it feels both lavish and natural, very much "glamping". For a new hotel, it was surprising to see the rust in the bathroom sinks, which I assume they will fix soon, and also I don't know why the blinds in the rooms do not go up as you can't appreciate the view from inside (maybe they were broken?). Also, I do not understand why they wouldn't put in tubs in the bathrooms, and perhaps a closet? But these are things they cannot change, so oh well. Overall, everything is chic, cool and comfortable.

The private decks with outdoor fire places are really nice and I wish they could figure out a way to have them lit when you are in your room. Currently, you have to call and have them come build the fire; this can take a while, and by the time the fires were lit, it was just a bit too late for us. It would really be amazing if they could have them lit for when you come back from dinner, or even in the morning when you wake up. I don't know how this would work, but it's something I wished could of happened while I was there.

The other downside was the service in both restaurants. It was horrid. The waitress at breakfast forgot numerous items and was incredibly slow. For instance, I ordered pancakes and when they arrived (not very hot) I asked for syrup. Instead of bringing it to me, she proceeded to clear a table, take another order, and then I don't know what. I was finished with my pancakes when she finally bought the syrup. The following morning she was much better, so someone had obviously spoken to her, but then again the server at dinner went missing for about 30 minutes (there was one other table). I would suggest the management should pay some attention to the servers and train them properly. Also, in the dining room has only 1 fireplace and it is supposed to heat up the entire room and bar (which it doesn't), so maybe they should get some cool space heaters or something for the chilly nights.

There are not a ton of things to do here, which in one aspect is nice, but could potentially get a bit boring. I would advise my friends to wait a little longer for the spa and yoga facilities to open, as well as the Mexican-Russian restaurant planned, and the hotel to get everything top notch, before visiting; however, it's a really unique spot and I enjoyed our stay. Definitely a great long weekend for anyone living within driving distance.

Oh, and the star-gazing is amazing!

Room Tip: Ask for a room over-looking the valley, the views are much better.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank HauteTravelBlog
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Endemico had been a dream of ours since it first opened. We finally had the opportunity to venture out there and experience this paradise for ourselves.

There were many great things, but also some little details that could have made it even better. I do understand that it is a new hotel and the details are being improved each day, so my requests would be: 1/Making the toiletries as attractive and stylish as the other Grupo Habita hotels. 2/ Providing the guests with slippers, the floors can get cold! 3/ Making sure there is hot water available in the shower for longer periods of time. & 4/ Creating more locations to eat, not only at the pool.

We are all about taking each and every detail in, enjoying it, but also analyzing it. This is the third Grupo Habita hotel we visit and it definitely fits in with the creative touch and strong concept.

Some of the highlights we really enjoyed: 1/ Free glass of wine upon arriving. 2/ Friendliest staff you'll ever meet. 3/ Inspiring views. 4/ Isolated to the point of true relaxation. 5/ Fire pit at night. 6/ Sunrise. 7/ AMAZING Food. & 8/ No electronic distractions, therefore truly appreciating everything around you.

Thanks Endemico!

4  Thank coordinatesdlt
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I just got back from staying at this hotel and it's just a mess. It looks beautiful but is a disaster to stay at.
We had to change cabins since the fan was broken in the first cabin (and the heat was then broken in the second cabin). The blinds were totally broken so it was difficult to enjoy the view. You have to use a walkie talkie to call for a car to take you down the hill from your cabin -- most of the time no one even answers the walkie talkie. It became comical what a mess this place is. . .
Maybe during the summer high reason the hotel works better, but it is currently just very poorly run and disorganized. I would never write a review unless it was truly terrible. Hope this place gets it's act together. The people that work there are very nice, but clearly the management isn't doing a very good job.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Paulenee
Reviewed December 31, 2012

An amazing experience all around!! I went with my wife and it was really amazing there is so much peace and wine that you can't go wrong with this place. Am not the type of person to go hiking but this place is worth it. People may think that the best restaurants in Mexico are in the capital, but that is probably because they haven't visit the valley. This is on my top ten hotels in Mexico without a doubt.

3  Thank Isauro23
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

I have never feel so relaxed watching at the deser with all the comfort you need. Hotel is blend with the environment and waiting to be part of nature. People are well trained and extremely nice. Thanks endemico I will be happy to come back.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Adrian K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Valle de Guadalupe
Hotel Boutique Valle de Guadalupe
Hotel Boutique Valle de Guadalup...
#3 of 4 in Valle de Guadalupe
Casa Encinares Bed and Breakfast
Hotel Boutique Valentino
Hotel Boutique Valentino
#1 of 6 in Valle de Guadalupe

Been to Encuentro Guadalupe? Share your experiences!