“Great food, great ambience....” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Corazon de Tierra

Corazon de Tierra
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, great ambience....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

It is a little bit of a trek to get there, we got lost but finally made it. I LOVE the concept, the food is amazing, the service puts to shame one or two 5 diamonds restaurants I've been at and the place itself is so interesting in its concept. However, when I called to make reservations asked about bringing our own wine (after all you are in the mexican wine country and the sky is the limit when finding great wines!) and was told that if we brought our bottle we'd have a $15 dlls corkage fee. We ended up getting a couple of bottles at the restaurant and when the bill came they had charged us the $15 dlls per bottle corkage fee, of their own wine! I would be fine with it IF they would have let us know ahead of time. Also, when the server was explaining the tasting menu he said that if we were full on the 3rd course they could skip right to dessert but if after 6 courses we were still hungry they would go to the garden and pick something for us. Well, after a long and fun day of wine tasting a few of us were still hungry after the 5th course (good Lord, I still don't know how that was possible! I loved the food but the 6 courses were enough for me) and we let them know that. They brought us another course.... And charged us extra for it. Again, that would have been just fine if they would have let us know as well. Up front pricing should be a must, surprise items in the bill can ruin the best of meals....

1 Thank rangieg

“Authentic, beautiful place... Food is amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

We went there for lunch and had the 6-course meal, with local wine and beer. All the details are carefully thought, from small flowers with taste of cucumber to the delicious entrees.
I am still deciding which one was my favourite between Laja and Corazon de Tierra. They are both worth the visit.

1 Thank Gladysfp
“What an oasis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

What a treat. It was a bit of a trek to get to the restaurant but once you arrive it is delightful. The ambience, service, food and wine were exceptional. I appreciated the staffs attention to detail. I'm not a huge fan of clams and the waiter noted I hadn't finished the dish and offered to serve an alternative which I declined as I knew it was a digustation menu and how were they to know I didn't love clams! They didn't charge us for the clams. The meal takes two hours and we choose the wine pairing - DELISH - every minute was a pleasure. We'll definitely recommend this restaurant and be returning soon.

1 Thank KirstenMo
“Organic, Locally grown food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Chef Diego Hernandez has built a culinary temple.

You drive up the Tecate Freeway in what is known as Baja California's "Wine Country" and all of a sudden you come upon a wine orchard and a garden with locally grown produce. The meal is extraordinary. Everything is fresh and the tastes are unique.

Presentation is key and the serenity of the decor and the ambiance outside are sublime.

This is easily one of the best meals I've ever had. I highly recommend to others to come check out what's going on down here at Corazon...

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Dory B
San Diego, California
“Wonderfull place, did not like the food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Great presentation of food and service, but it was a fixed menu that I did not like.

Salad, fresh, from the garden, but no flavor dressing, then too roasted octopus, after that, pork that do not eat, so skipped it. And an interesting beet dessert, but that tasted to much like beets.

Al paired with excellent wines

• 1 of 5 bubbles