20 years ago, we started staying at Buena Vista Beach Resort. We met the staff and enjoyed our stay. The rooms are dated. Bungalow type, if you are looking for high end, Cabo type, forget it. This is a family run business. Chuy Valdez started this years ago and family continues. However, the Restaurant , new chef, and the wonderful pool and poolside bar are what the East Cape is all about. 14 years ago we bought a casita within a block of the hotel. For $120 we get to use the facilities and the funds go to charity. Last year we caught a beautiful large Cabrillo (see Bass) and the chef turned it into a fantastic meal. . Last week we met a group of 50 fishing guys who were happy as hell to be here. , Real Buena Vista.!!! You drive North, 45 minutes from the San Jose Del Cabo airport (Los Cabos) , instead of South to Cabo. We always rent a car from one of the locals. Los Barriles is the main town 5 KM north of Buena Vista. Chapitos is a full service market in Barriles. Great windsurfing in February and March. Fishing is the draw for most folks from May to December. But in the winter and spring, hiking and diving (except during winter for diving). Water temp was 85 when we were there in late June. It is a great swimming beach and no one is busting your chops to find a place on the sand. But, NOT, Cabo...don't expect Cabo, but that's why we have gone to this locale at least 30 times since 2000.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buena Vista hotel is located in Baja California, Mexico overlooking the Sea of Cortez . It offers a variety of activities , peaceful rooms and excellent facilities . Hotel Buena Vista Beach Resort features Mediterranean- style guestrooms with private patios furnished with hammocks. El Navegante restaurant serves traditional Mexican dishes for breakfast , lunch and dinner. Guests can order nachos while soaking up the sun by the pool or take a drink at the poolside bar . After dinner you can go to the bar El Pescador and enjoy a drink . Just minutes from the Buena Vista Beach Hotel offers activities such as fishing, diving and horse riding. You can also explore the 50 km of beach, or play a game of tennis . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Buena Vista Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Buena Vista Beach Buenavista
- Resort Buena Vista Beach
- Hotel Buena Vista Beach Resort Mexico/Buenavista