Hotel Buena Vista Beach Resort
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
Baja Bungalows(Cabo Pulmo)
View Hotel
    Hotel Aeropuerto Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)
    Casa Verde(La Ventana)
    Palapas Ventana(La Ventana)
    Captain Kirk's(La Ventana)
    View Hotel
    Cactus Inn Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)
    View Hotel
    Casa Tara Retreat(El Sargento)
    View Hotel
    All reviewstunaeast capegreat fishingnachosbeachfront locationrooms are cleanbottled waternatural hot springslos barrilesdoradomexiconightlifemargarita
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed August 13, 2012

This was our first visit to Baja. Being from Florida, we know fishing, and this far exceeded our expectations. 4 sailfish; 14 tuna; 6 dorado; 2 roosterfish and amazing captain and crew (Ramone and Tio). The resort was clean, beautiful and the entire staff and owners treated us like family. The food was phenomenal, any request was gladly filled. Met many nice guests that had been coming here for many years and all confirmed never any problems traveling on their own throughout Baja. Drank water right from the tap, no tummy troubles at all. We highly recommend this resort as well as all of Baja. Took a trip to Todos Santos and our driver, Abraham, was very informative and helpful. Elizabeth was more than happy to set up any arrangements you could want. Do yourself a big favor and plan a trip to this resort.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
    2  Thank Tami T
    Reviewed July 22, 2012

This was my fifth time visiting the Hotel Buena Vista. Have stayed there with friends for the Bisbee's East Cape fishing tournament which is great, but this was my first visit with my wife and three daughters. In fact it was my wife and daughters first trip to the area. We had a great time. The staff is attentive and the Valdez family does a very good job of making their guests feel welcome.

The property is maintained very well and the accomodations are very comfortable. The meals were great and they had no problem accomodating my youngest daughters picky tastes. The pool area is great and has a swim up bar.

I had talked my family into a fishing trip on one of the resort boats and were able to book the same boat and captain Alex we normally fish with in the tournament. I asked him if we could look for Dorado, even though they had been catching Tuna. He did not disappoint, we caught two large Dorado, one over 40 pounds and the other about 30. Alex and his brother Carlos did a great job in helping make the trip entertaining for my wife and daughters. I highly recommend them for a good and productive fishing trip. Our fish was processed on the property and provided to us before our departure.

Overall a great trip. One other thing....with all that is going on in Mexico it is understandable that people can be apprehensive. Understand that the Cabo area and Buena Vista are very safe. Do some research and you will see.

This is a very well run resort and my family and I will continue to give them our vacation business.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
    1  Thank Chris C
    Reviewed July 21, 2012

The property is the perfect size - intimate enough that it feels like the entire team, from the pool bartender to the breakfast servers know you, but big enough that you aren't elbow to elbow with other guests in the swimming pool or fighting for a cabana on the beach.
    The resort staff, and the fishing guides, are all fantastic - they treated us like family! The fishing was so exciting - nothing like the boring image I have of my dad and uncle sitting on a boat in a lake waiting, and waiting, and waiting... If you are there to fish, they make sure you catch fish! It was my first time and I got to land A LOT of tuna. And, The Sea of Cortez offers the amazing opportunity to see dolphins, flying fish and giant rays sailing out of the water - it was just like National Geographic channel said it would be =)
    I was blown away by every meal - the menu offers so many delicious choices (DEFINITELY HAVE THE CEVICHE AND NEVER SKIP THE SOUP!!!) and the portions are so generous. Many, many compliments to the chef. I also loved the fact that you could give the chef your catch of the day to be prepared for dinner - other guests even shared theirs with us! It's such a great environment, even the other guests treat you like family =)
    The rooms are comfortable - not fancy, but just what I needed to fall into a coma after an awesome day of fishing, an incredibly filling dinner, and a few cervezas. Worth noting that the A/C in the room kicked butt, especially given how humid and hot it can get during the day. It was also nice that the resort offers internet access in the lounge, plus a pool table and ping pong table for extra entertainment. I did not have enough time to do any of the extra activities offered such as snorkeling or paddle board rental, but I plan to in the future (you can definitely do at least 7 days at this wonderful resort - we only did 5 and I was not ready to leave!).
    The beach was very clean, and definitely felt private. The resort grounds were also very well kept, lots of pretty flowers, trimmed lawn, nice trees, etc. ** A warning to those that are a magnet for insect bites - bring good repellent (Axel was kind enough to share his with us - what a guy!) ** As other guests have commented, I felt very safe and secure at all times.
    I would definitely recommend the Hotel Buena Vista Resort. It offers the perfect balance of sport and activity, with relaxation and laziness =) Plus, the super friendly staff, beautiful property and gourmet food make it feel like a luxurious resort. It far exceeded my expectations!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
    1  Thank Monika R
    Reviewed July 18, 2012

We loved our visit last week. We brought another couple down for the first time and they loved it as well. The guys fished, the girls played. Great mix of fishing, fun in the sun, new friends and quiet atmosphere. Trip and views are spectacular. We fished with Ramon/Teo and several days with Felipe/Reggie - all the guides are great, laid back, and doing their best to catch fish. We had several limts of tuna, dorada and striped marlins for those afternoon kickers. Absolutely great fishing. You know when the guides get excited you are really in for some big fun. The highlights for the week were 3 marlins (tougher than last year), two days of 15+ tuna, one day of over 10+ dorado with one 50lb bull. The last day we added two large rooster fish, with the largest topping 50lbs and 45 minutes of angler agony. Wow!

If you are worried about safety in Mexico, this place is far removed from any areas of concern. Absolutely no safety concerns. We are thinking about taking the kids next year.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
    1  Thank Fishmonster11
    Reviewed July 15, 2012

This was my first trip to Beuna Vista Beach Resort it was way more then I expected , never had one bad meal as of matter of fact i was amazed at how much and how good the food was the service was what expected and much more the grounds were well maintained , room was comfortable it was good for what i needed .Next lets talk GOTFISH the first day out my party of five caught 25 Tuna the second day it was a party of 4 we caught 20 tuna 1 nice 25 lb Darodo Bonus , the 3erd day it was a 2 person party and they was going after Roster-fish , they hooked up 8 times landed 4 50 plus pound Roster's and 1 55lb Amber-jack. I was comfortable very and i felt safe, i am already fingering out next years trip to Beuna Vista Beach Resort.

Room Tip: to pick a good room you need to know 1 of 2 things , do you want to be close to the action or out of the way a little more on the down low that will be how you pick a good room .
    • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family