“So peaceful”
Review of Great Stirrup Cay

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We did the weekend cruise to the Bahamas with NCL last week. This is a wonderful little private island. We rented a cabana, which was nice and more private. The cabanas are quite a walk from the restrooms but we didn't mind. The snorkeling was OK. The water was a bit murky but still saw lots of reef fish. The only problem we had was the location of our cabana. It was cabana #4 which is apparently the place the servers hang out. They were on the deck of our cabana almost the whole time. That was a little irritating but all in all it was a great time.

6  Thank LoveForSail

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is Norwegian Cruise Line's private island. I've visited twice and each time the skies were blue, the water was clear, and life felt good. We didn't bother with any of the paid activities - sunbathing and eating from the buffet was just fine for a lazy day.

8  Thank therealnickpark
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

My second visit to this beautiful island on 9/28/13 with Norwegian Sky and I felt in love with the beautiful island, the water it's just amazing, going back next April, it's a most visit island when you travel with the one and only best cruise line there is, Norwegian cruise line :-)

3  Thank cavr1569
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I don't know what everyone is complaining about? Maybe the reason the water was milky was the time they went to the island. I went in december and the water was so clear you can see everything and snorkeling was the best part. if you swim where the cabanas are, there are no rocks. I had a great time and I'm going back there in Jan for my daughters 21st birthday. It was clean and the best place to be for a day. Yeah the food wasnt like oh my gosh amazing but atleast they fed you lol. i would recommend it for everyone!

4  Thank angelina k
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is a private island stop for Norwegian Cruise Line. We had read reviews prior to the trip stating it was rocky and wear water shoes. Seemed like the updates they are working on has solved that problem. The beaches were great! Also seems they have added seating/ chaise lounges. We had no problem grabbing a place to call our own for the day. They also have several shaded area under trees if you don't care to be in the sun all day. The tenders to/from ran regularly so you could come and go when you liked. We are private people and enjoyed that we weren't crowded. However, if you wanted to be more social, there were areas that provided that as well.

3  Thank lliJ1007