“NCL owned island, pretty, but rocky”
Review of Great Stirrup Cay

Reviewed July 3, 2013

NCL owns most of this island and rents it out to Carnival which can be seen from Great Stirrup Cay.

Very pretty and tropical but very rocky that is slippery with tons of tiny fish near shore and about 20 feet out.

My GF and I rented a big blue circular raft for 26 bucks, very over priced and we kept drifting far away from everyone! Get a small raft or bring your own tube that you can blow up.

Food is provided and you take a small tender boat from the cruise and like the other reviewers said you dont have to worry about taking/paying for a taxi.

A couple of local straw market shops on the island. People are pretty rude but didnt seem as pushy as the other islands which probably is because they get more business.

3  Thank sjd615

Reviewed June 9, 2013

The day we were docked here in early May, was just a little cool. It was overcast all day so that was a tiny bit of a bummer. This is a nice stop on your NCL cruise. I think it was my favorite stop because there was no worry about cab fare or ending up in the wrong place. It was just me and a friend and we found two chairs a little further down from the main part of the beach where it wasn't crowded. We read books to our hearts content. For $5 we rented life vests (they make you wear them for snorkeling) and we had our own snorkel gear. Because it was cloudy, visibility wasn't as good, so we didn't see a ton of fish. The little cove area is quite protected, so you do not have to be a great swimmer. Lunch was very good. There were lots of fresh fruits and veggies and standard cook out fare. Just make sure you watch the time because they pack it all up at 2 and it is gone - just drinks from the bar after that. The restroom facilities are nice and clean and all the chairs and picnic tables for eating are in good repair. It started raining as it was time to leave, so we had a VERY rough tender ride back - but that was just part of the fun for us (other guests looked a little green). NCL managed quick rides both ways - all in all - a very enjoyable day.

4  Thank smileynvp
Reviewed May 23, 2013

we had a perfect day in the high 70's to enjoy the beach. There are plenty of lounge chairs for everyone so you don't have a problem getting one. NCL recently upgraded the island with a new dock for the tender boats. It makes the beach much larger to enjoy for swimming.

The food available is extensive including hamburgers, franks, ribs, pizza and chicken. And of course fresh fruit, cakes and cookies.

It was a fun day at the beach!

2  Thank asheffrin
Reviewed May 21, 2013

we stopped here and went to norwegian private island on our 3 days cruise may 17 to may 20 2013 as we celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary on the 18 my husband and my twin sons plus the girlfriend of one of my twins enjoyed the island very much the bar b que they put on was fantastic and I really have to say that if a person is disabled and can't walk very far there is no problem going because they had a wheelchair made to go on the sand and they were very friendly we just stayed in the pavilion and did not participate in any excursions which was nice

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We spent the day snorkeling. Had fins on so didn't have any prob with rocks. Lots of beautiful fish. I am a strong swimmer so I just spent the whole day underwater. Put on sunblock before but it must have worn off because I was cooked. Had lunch just before it closed. The food was ok. Then I took the tender back to the ship and took a nice long nap.