“Fun excursion”

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Fun excursion”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband and I stopped here during our Royal Caribbean cruise. It is a beautiful island! The sand was powder white and the water was crystal clear. We just wanted to lay at the beach all day. We did the wave jet tour, which was fun and terrifying at the same time. I highly recommend this port.

Visited June 2013
8 Thank Samara T

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Montgomery, Alabama
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Nice day at a beautiful beach”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

A private island owned by Cruise line. Ship spent full day there, with tenders running between the boat and island all day. Usual beach and water activities. It is a very beautiful island, with good water and sand. Good to be able to go back and forth to ship. Food was also available on the island.

5 Thank RetiredCPA2003
New York
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Pristine beach”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I needed a respite and we needed it quickly. Booked the cruise Friday and left Monday.
We left from Miami on the Royal Caribbean 4 day cruise. We hit the ports of Nassau, Coco Cay and Key West.
Coco Cay was beautiful, clean. The bbq lunch was just fabulous with such a great selection.
The day was sunny and warm---we needed nothing else from life that day!!
Romantic but there was a very large group of quinceaneras aboard who seemed to be everywhere we would- but they were as quiet as could be and very polite:) A great get away

Visited February 2013
7 Thank kath3kids
Saint Augustine
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“a beautiful, (almost) uninhabited carribbean island”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I stopped at Coco Cay as one of the day trips on the Carnival Cruise Fascination out of Jacksonville. We enjoyed this day more than Nassau! You take a quick five minute boat ride from the ship over to the island. When you first get off there are booths with all sorts of souveniers - the usual; shirts, hats, shotglasses, shells, all pretty reasonably priced and nobody hawks you to death, which was nice. Then on to the beach! There are beach chairs set up all along the beach along with umbrellas. There are hammocks strung around in the trees. The sand is white and soft; the water is warm and gorgeous blue. They have the usual activities if you so choose - jet skis, parasailing, even a giant playground out in the water. We chose to do nothing except lay around and enjoy the sun and the water. You could walk out so far in the water! We saw stingrays and schools of tiny fish, and found tons of really pretty (but SMALL) shells. We also took the nature walk which was fun, there were wild chickens and roosters all over the place! A fellow tourist even found an almost whole conch shell on the trail!
All in all, a very nice and relaxing island for a peaceful day at the beach, without the hassle of the locals trying to sell you something.

12 Thank hppiefrk
Upstate
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“So much fun”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My fiance and I went there with royal carribbean cruise line. Beach was fantastic, and they had and attraction in the ocean with trampolines, slides, and a wall climb. We did that along with Jet Sking. Our tour guide was from South Africa, I cant remember his name but he was hilarous and made the tour that much more fun and exciting. I cant wait to go back and We will be requesting him again. I hope he is still there next year.

3 Thank Luv2travelUpstate