“Wouldn't stay here again, would rather sleep in my car!”

Ida's Motel & Restaurant
Ida's Motel & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Beaver Creek
Reviewed July 31, 2011

The room was fair sized, and was presentable. About like any average 2star type motel.
But when it came to taking showers in the morning- NO HOT WATER! Tepid is being generous about the water temp. After enduring less than refreshing showers, as we tried to check out, I found the front desk clerk and asked him about the water.
Speaking very little English, he told me which room the manager lived in. After finding the manager and explaining the situation, having him come up to the room to feel the water temp first hand, he was obstinate that everything was as it should be, and that we would just have to deal with it. The manager was rude, insensitive, and a jerk!
The restaurant wasn't even open the evening we were there, though it was very late afternoon/early evening when we checked in.
I'll be passing through Beaver Creek again in September, and you can bet I will not even consider staying at this motel again!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MtnFlyer

Reviewed July 17, 2011

From reading the earlier reviews, we might gather from our experience that "Ida" is no longer there.

We found the room to be your average plain motel. It was clean and serviceable and was a perfectly fine place to stop on a long road that has few other choices.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank traveler98761
Reviewed June 6, 2010

This hotel was a surprise. We had just left the Westmark after asking for a refund. We asked to see the room before committing, the gentleman was accommodating. The room was spacious, king size bed, towels appeared very new and the room had a TV with cable. The room appear to have been remodeled. This hotel is 5 star for Beaver Creek, head and shoulders over the Westmark. When I travel through Beaver Creek I know where I will be staying for the night.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2008

The best we can say is it was clean, a big unit and easy to find.
However, she charged us considerably more than we expected. The whole area was depressing. The restaurant was closed, so was the gas station. The linens were poor. The towels had seen many better days and the bottom sheet wouldn't stay on the matress. She wasn't friendly and wouldn't open the door after we noticed the price discrepancy. I say AVOID it if you can.
We ate across the highway at Buckshot Betty's and had a good ample meal.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank mpatbo
Reviewed October 6, 2007

This was a great place to stay... friendly service... great people and the food was GREAT!!

my wife and I have been on the road quite a bit it was great to get a home cooked meal. The rooms are comfortable and included sat TV. More then i can say of others in town.

If you dont want to give ur money to a big chain hotel. Stay here.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ArronWatts
Reviewed August 17, 2007

A terrible experience, one of the worst places I have ever stayed. The whole property was filthy, smoky and generally dreary. Garbage laying about in the stairwells and parking lot. The beds actually looked as if it they had been previously slept in . The pillow case had lipstick on it! They did agree to replace the pillow case and find two replacement bulbs for lights burnt out. On top of that, it was noisy with cars and trucks speeding into and out of the parking lot for most of the night, presumably on their way to the bar in the main building. The police came at 4:15 am to deal with a shouting match between a man and a woman. To add to the misery, it was pretty expensive. Avoid if you can.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank dlr47
Reviewed July 15, 2006

When we were planning our drive to Anchorage from Canada, we booked our rooms in advance since we were travelling with dogs. Ida's Motel in Beaver Creek did allow dogs and had been recommended on the forum, so we decided to stay there. I booked in March for our June trip.
We were late getting in, so had to check in at the bar. I told the girl of our booking and also mentioned again that we had dogs with us. She put us in two lovely ground floor rooms. We unpacked and were just coming back from walking the dogs when the owner spied us and started yelling at us that we could not stay in those rooms with pets. I have never been treated so rudely in my life, he repeatedly accused us of trying to hide our dogs (for which there was a $50 fine) and said we would have to move to pet rooms or he would call the police. He said they did not have any record of my booking and kept cutting me off to yell at me that we had to move right now. Because it was already 11:00 pm and I wasn't sure we could get in anywhere else, we moved to the pet rooms, which haven't been updated (or aired out I think) since the 70's. I just could not believe how rude this guy was. This is not a pet-friendly hotel or friendly at all in my opinion. Do not stay at this place ever.

6  Thank argente
Nisutlin Trading Post & Motel
Beaver Creek RV Park
Beaver Creek RV Park
#2 of 2 in Beaver Creek

Been to Ida's Motel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!