“DMF charge”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Weyburn
RED DEER
“DMF charge”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The hotel was excellent, however the 3%"DMF" continues to cause me a problem when I invoice my lodging costs (at cost). The software which I am required to use by the firm I invoice through does not have a provision for this. Therefore it works out where I either have charge my client extra when the tax is automatic calculated or I have to take a loss personally. Nobody wins, except of course the government. How many dollars per year does the government gain like this?
Thanks
Henry LaRose

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Fort Frances, Canada
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Wonderful large rooms and very clean. Staff were very friendly and accomodating. Our room was $167 plus tax. If we had know there were many chain hotels in the area we would have not stayed here and saved ourselves $50, but if you want 1st class in the Weyburn, this would be it.

Room Tip: Rooms are spacious, clean and quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
RamadaWeyburn, General Manager at Ramada Weyburn, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post this review on trip advisor regarding your recent saty at our hotel.

We are delighted to receive feedback from our guests so we can utilize the information and focus on making each guest stay the best experince it can be.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights while visiting family in the area. The room was clean & quiet even though there was a big group of youth staying there for a leadership conference.

The front desk staff were pleasant & attentive. The breakfast area was well supplied with a nice selection to choose from including waffles, toast, hard boiled eggs, cereal yogurt etc. the breakfast area had plenty of seating in a pleasant setting.

Popcorn maker & fresh cookies in the evening in the lobby was a nice touch!

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post an review on trip advisor. Your feedback is extremely valuable as we can use the information to make everyones stay an enjoyable expierence.

We hope to see you again in the near future.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Had a room with two queen beds and kitchette. It was beautiful! Clean, spacious, high ceilings. it was like a townhouse in that the car could pull up right to the room (which was accessible directly without going through the hotel). You could also access it through the hotel. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
RamadaWeyburn, General Manager at Ramada Weyburn, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value all feedback on our hotel as we take pride in being leaders in the industry. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Camrose
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I've stayed here in the past and the rooms have been ok. The pool is gross, however, there's a dingy rim around it. That said, this last stay was TERRIBLE! The toilet in my room wouldn't flush and when I called to report it I was told I'd have to do it manually until they had a maintenance person on site. The next day, as I left for the day at noon and requested maintenance be sent up to my room to fix the toilet, it was implied that it wouldn't happen because I'd had the "do not disturb" on my door in the morning. Never at any other hotel have I been treated so terribly. My toilet wasn't fixed and I was there for 2 nights. Brutal service!

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ErinY9
RamadaWeyburn, General Manager at Ramada Weyburn, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I would like you to know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying while you were a guest at our hotel. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations and to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

I was surprised by the comment on the operations of your toilet in the room as we preform regulary maintenance inspections on all our rooms to ensure everything is operational as well as in good repair.

I will assure you your comments and concerns will be addressed immediatly with our Guest Services staff as well the Maintenance Staff and we will rectify these issues immediately as they do not meet our standard operating policies.

I hope you will give another opportunity to serve you in the future and again I apologize for your inconvenience during your stay.
Indiana
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I rarely give anything 5 stars, but the Ramada in Weyburn deserved it. Beautiful, spacious room, fridge, microwave, iron and board, hair dryer, good HVAC unit (quiet, fan runs always). Two sinks, one in the bathroom, one out, helps to keep family quarrels to a minimum. We found the staff person on duty when we arrived to be very pleasant and extremely helpful, answering all of our many questions. Very good breakfast, which starts at 5 a.m. If all the hotels I stayed in while traveling were this good, I'd be in Nirvana.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write this review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at our Hotel. We appreciate all the feedback from our guests as it is used to ensure we are doing everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for all of our guests. We are thrilled that your stay was a positive experience as we pride ourselves in being a leader in the industry. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.