“Guess you don't want us to stay here”
Review of Lone Star Hotel

Lone Star Hotel
Winnipeg, Canada
“Guess you don't want us to stay here”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

After driving from Manitoba all day, we stopped in your city and needed to sleep. Nearly slipping on all the ice in your walk way, we entered the hotel, where we waited and waited and waited and NO ONE was at the front desk or anywhere around. After a few minutes, we left and went somewhere else!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thomas S, General Manager at Lone Star Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
i'msorry to here this.it would be very helpful to know when your were here, so i can find out who was not working and what went wrong.If you could contact me that would really be appreciated.
and i would like to offer you 10% off your next stay.feel free to contact me.306 446-8888

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
SOPHIA
Reviewed January 28, 2013

i always stay here when on my way to edmonton ab.
this is a place i always can count on for friendly service,clean rooms and a good sleeping bed along with a nice flat panel tv.
i also appreciate that they still have some rooms for people who smoke like me.
and although the rooms i stay in are smoking rooms,you can't smell any muskey smoke odor when entering them,which tells me that the staff does a great job of cleaning and deodorizing.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thomas S, General Manager at Lone Star Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank-you for your Comments. We want to always make your Stay Super.
COLD LAKE
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I was given one of the old below-street-level rooms, a tiny room with no clothes closet. The add-on electric heater, which came on at frequent intervals was a noisy add-on and affected my sleep. Aside from the tiny noisy room, the service was rather unfriendly. When I first checked in they were about to charge me $10. more than what the room was quoted to me on the phone earlier when I made the reservation. When I informed them of this earlere quote, the ladies talked as if I wasn't in the room. One finally said "...oh well, give him the room for $94.". Made me wonder if it wasn't some manifestation of racism as I am a 71 year old First Nation citizen. Actually, on second thought, it was my mistake for not going to the Tropical Inn across the highway in the first place where I've had many pleasant stays in the past during my travels delivering courses at the U. of S.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Hanna's Haven Bed and Breakfast
Gold Eagle Lodge
Gold Eagle Lodge
#1 of 8 in North Battleford

Been to Lone Star Hotel? Share your experiences!