“Worse than expected”

Lone Star Hotel
REGINA
“Worse than expected”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I had to pay for the room in advance, so I wasn't expecting a lot from this hotel, but it seemed better than other options for hotels in North Battleford. The room wasn't bad, just not really clean, an old TV that didn't work too good. The hallway smelled like old stale cigarette smoke. It was in the morning that really ticked me off, I could hear the next room people talking at 6 AM, then somebody's dog was barking in the hallway at 7. Decided to try their "breakfast", cold cereal, juice and coffee. I was checking through the drawers to make sure that I hadn't left anything and found someone's nail clippings in the drawer of the night stand. I just packed up and left. I did leave my comments on the comment card, but didn't receive an email asking how my stay was. Won't ever stay there again.

Room Tip: don't get a room on the lower level
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ROD L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
ESTEVAN
Reviewed October 31, 2012

The bedding was not fresh and clean. I had to remake the entire bed! The man that was on night duty had no problem giving me new bedding, but was not sure if it was clean, and made the comment that somebody was in the room the previous evening so that was probably why the bedding was dirty.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank CHARMAINE B

Travelers are raving about these North Battleford hotels

EDMONTON
Reviewed October 30, 2012

we were very satisfied with this motel. we were skeptical about booking this motel based on a previous review. we found that this review was unfounded and perhaps not submitted truthfully

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Hanna's Haven Bed and Breakfast
Gold Eagle Lodge
Gold Eagle Lodge
#1 of 8 in North Battleford

Been to Lone Star Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Lone Star Hotel

Property: Lone Star Hotel
Address: 1006 Hwy 16 Yellowhead, North Battleford, Saskatchewan S9A 3W2, Canada (Formerly Super 8 North Battleford)
Location: Canada > Saskatchewan > North Battleford
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Wheelchair access
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in North Battleford
Hotel Class:2 star — Lone Star Hotel 2*
Lone Star Hotel is a place where we try to make our guest feel like home away from home. We try our best to take care of the guest and make sure that when they leave the hotel they are happy. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Lone Star Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 North Battleford Hotel North Battleford