“Very good for the price!”
Review of Carra Valla Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Carra Valla Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Melfort
saskatchewan, canada
“Very good for the price!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed at the Carra Valla during a convention recently and found it very comfortable. Everything was clean and our room with 2 queen beds was larger than most we have stayed in. There are no frills tho; no shampoo or hair dryer; no extra blankets. The bed was very comfy; room was a tad hot. We should have opened the bathroom window to let some cool air in because the air conditioner hadn't been 'unwinterized' yet and so was unusable. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to friends. The price is right!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank pastord33

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there it was gross bugs coming up the sink drain and it stuck in there. Staff was rude when I told them bout the bugs, just like it was an everyday thing they did not try to reimburse me anything as that was what I had mentioned. Old and dirty furniture wouldn't recommend this place to my enemy

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank thesnackguy
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I came here with a few friends the other day and I must say that the staff was very friendly and the rooms were clean. I wonder why there was some negative comment, but for me, this had been a pleasant and comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sandy C
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed December 25, 2011

Before staying at this motel, I visited this site to check out some reviews and in the end decided to give this place a try. I found the place pleasantly surprising as the rooms were very neatly organized, allowing me to enjoy a very comfortable and relaxing stay. The staff and the man working at the front desk was very friendly, immediately providing me with any assistance that I needed. Overall, I recommend this motel for those who are looking for a cozy and comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Monica S
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed November 29, 2011

i recently stayed at this motel, i read the reviews and thought i would check it out myself, for some people are just over picky. I was pleasantly surprised.......there was friendly staff, (we especially enjoyed the lady at the desk with the baby to greet us upon check-in.....), clean rooms, and the rooms were comfy. Not too mention the price was only a fraction of the hotels in town. Yes, it was an older motel, it looks like their may have been some recent renovations. i wil be back because i was treated very well during my stay and have no complaints about any of it.

Room Tip: there is no fitness room or swimming pooll there is only one floor so there is no stairs to climb.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank boom789
Calgary
Reviewed September 28, 2011

We decided to stop at this place on a suggestion from my husband as co-workers stay here regularly. Upon arrival, the hotel looked nice. But as we investigated, the room was incredibly dirty. There was hair left on floor in bathroom from previous occupants and there was dog or cat hair on the chairs and carpet. We asked for a non-smoking room and the room smelled very smoky. This is an old hotel, not the cleanest, rugs were filthy, bed spreads reached the floor. The room was very hot, plus smoke smell piped in through their vent system.
We decided to leave the room at 4:00 in the morning because it was incredibly hard to sleep. When checking out, we had to wait long hours. There was no staff.
The day I checked out I noticed I had huge swollen bites all over my back and neck and arms. I went to my doctor at home right away and he said it was bed bugs. It is unfortunate because this hotel is a good deal and when I return to Melfort I will have to find another reasonably priced hotel.
VERY DISAPPOINTED.
Never again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Doris D
Banff, Canada
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Oh my Goodness! This was not a good hotel to stay at. Decided to book here as the other hotel in Melfort was full and the new hotel is still being built. Hotel looked reasonable on check in. Guy at the front desk was probably new- but regardless was more interested in getting me to pay for the room first before I even told him my name. Room was dark and musty smelling. Loads of parking, however I had an allergic reaction to something in the room because I was sneezing like crazy. The walls, fixtures, beds and decor are all very dated and antique looking. Last renovation was probably in the 1980s. Crushed potato chips on floor between bed and wall. Bed was at least comfortable and hotel was quiet. A/C unit was taking its last gasp of life. Worn towels and unpredictable water temperature. Dropped my Hair elastic in the shower and bent down to find large wad of hair in the drain- sickening! Breakfast at Smittys in the parking lot was good. Went to my meetings. Got back @ 4:30- room was not made up. Went out again. Returned at 9 PM to a group of people on the other side of hotel courtyard swearing and drinking in the open. Guy at the front desk appears to believe this was acceptable. Room was still not made up. My co-workers stopped by and insisted I leave with them and share a room at the Travelodge. I reluctantly went with- Sharing the Sleepy Bear room with co-workers daughter was probably better than staying here. If I could change anything about this property, I would get more customer service oriented staff and at least work on a few updates for the rooms as well as a good scrub down for the whole place would do wonders. As a young girl I felt very uneasy staying here, something which does not happen too often. AVOID!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Ashleyloves2travel

Been to Carra Valla Inn? Share your experiences!