“I had a terrible experience with this hotel prior to...”
Review of Bluebird Hotel

Bluebird Hotel
Bluebird Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Melfort
WARMAN
“I had a terrible experience with this hotel prior to...”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I had a terrible experience with this hotel prior to checking in. As a manager for a female hockey team. I called and reserved a block of rooms for our team. The hotel staff struggled todo this task for me. I called back a few days later as I wasnt convinced this had been done and was told there was no record of hotel rooms held for our team on the sat night just the friday night and that unfortunately they were full. After hanging up I attempted to call other hotels to see if I could get other rooms only to be told everywhere was full. I called the tournament coordinator who then reorganized the tournament to be done sat instead of sunday as we had no place to stay. When I called back your hotel to confirm my friday night rooms they had cancelled those as well!!!! Thankfully the lady on the phone rebooked fri night rooms for our team.

The week before the tournament I had one family call to confirm their room with a confirmation number and was told there was no booking with that number they rebooked their room again over the phone. When we arrived to the hotel on friday Dec 7 the first person to check in was told their room had been cancelled. As the manager I asked the hotel manager to please check the rest of our rooms only to find out that two more rooms were missing which included the family who called earlier in the week, had to rebook and STILL didnt have a room!!

The hotel manager, Crystal was very apologetic and tried to fix things but unfortunately the damage was done. I have to say that if there had been any hotel rooms available elsewhere you would NOT have gotten our service!!

I will be sharing this review with family and friends as it was a very disappointing experience with your company.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Crystal M, Manager at Bluebird Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Kristin and Team,

I sincerely apologize on behalf of the guest services staff and lack of experience. There is nothing more upsetting than being a disappointment to our guest's.

Travelodge Melfort Managements' Team is actively trying to repair Guest Services and Hotel Features since the new ownership.

Guest Services improvements that are currently effective are with all new English, extensively trained and more knowledgeable staff.

In conclusion, I again would like to apologize once again and offer any of your team parents a discounted rate on your next stay with us.

Happy Holidays,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed 2 nights last week at Travelodge Melfort with my colleagues on our business trip. When checked-in, a young lady from the front desk with big smile welcomed us. Our hectic schedule and the biting cold weather out there melted down immediately with that smile. Good sleep made us fully recharged in the morning and our work was successfully done. Our only concern was the restaurant. We could not get hot meal after calling it a day. But I heard they plan to open a restaurant soon. I hope our next stay will go with plenty of hot meals at Melfort. Thank you Melfort!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Richard B
PRINCE ALBERT
Reviewed November 21, 2012

No elevators. Not modernized. I was told Breakfast is included in the $104.00 nite stay. The restaurant was closed due to renovations. No big deal, but would have appreciated being informed of this when I spoke with them over the phone the night before arrival. They offered this `Breakfast`only till 8:30 a.m!!!! THAT was upsetting. Especially for a Sunday morning. There was no guest accommodating done. They could have offered breakfast till 10:00a.m, would have been more realistic. The room was very hot é stuffy and made it very difficult to sleep. Poor air quality and loud sounds coming from their heating source making it very annoying trying to sleep. Window was opened to allow fresh air in and get some of that heat out. Way too overpriced for that amount of money. Anything over $65.00 nite is, in my opinion, a rip off for what you get.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Crystal M, Front Office Manager at Bluebird Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Not Impressed:

On behalf of my company,Travelodge Melfort, I would like to offer our most sincere apologies for the mistakes made during your stay. It was a gross oversight that will be attended to immediately. To remedy this situation, we have made additional signs and posted them for both Staff and Hotel guests to see. I am also very truly sorry that your overnight stay was uncomfortable with the heat and noise. We try our best not to make mistakes, but when they happen, we try our best to fix them!

I hope that this will make amends for the mistakes that were made. Rest assured that your unfortunate experience has helped us identify a major problem with our Guest Services Staff, in which we are striving to improve.

If you have any questions about this issue, please contact us at 306-752-5961. And, on behalf of all of us, we are truly sorry!

Front Office Manager
Crystal Munroe

Been to Bluebird Hotel? Share your experiences!