“Loved It !!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Melfort
Canada
“Loved It !!”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Had a quick stop over in Melfort and picked this hotel - so glad we did !! We were travelling with 2 pets and were given a room with an outside entrance. The room - quiet elegance !! Large room with fridge, microwave, and glass glasses! Very comfortable beds (pillows kinda on the large side) and everything was clean clean clean ! Very cool shower with a built in seat, plate glass doors, and soap/shampoo/condition dispensers right on the wall. We enjoyed being able to step outside with the dogs and there was plenty of running around room (empty lots) right behind the hotel with green space too. We didn't stop for the breakfast in the morning but the set-up looked great. So glad we picked this hotel !!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Brandon, Canada
Reviewed September 11, 2013

For my job, I travel to the Melfort area 2-3 times a year, and since I first started staying at the CanAlta in Melfort, I won't stay anywhere else. The hotel is located across the parking lot from a Boston Pizza and directly across the highway from the Melfort Golf Course. Every time I have stayed with this hotel I have had one of two of the same rooms, and I have always had a great sleep. The TV's are large and the rooms have DVD players in them which is a great touch. Breakfast the next morning is always A+ and truth be told, I can't think of a single thing that I don't enjoy when staying here. Hats off to the staff at the CanAlta Melfort for always making my stays comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Darrelynn F, General Manager at Canalta Melfort, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you Mike for your excellent review of our property. I am glad that my team makes your stays both enjoyable and comfortable. We look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We booked a group of rooms for our recent Family Reunion. Though I did not stay at the hotel myself, I heard not one complaint from the family who travelled from afar.
They all complimented on the cleanliness of rooms, wonderful service and fantastic continental breakfast.
Will absolutely book here again for upcoming events!!
Awesome!! :)

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for reviewing our property. It is pretty impressive when someone can give such raving reviews through word of mouth. I am glad that your family reunion went well and the guests that stayed with us enjoyed their stay. We hope that you personally will get the chance to stay with us and enjoy the same legendary hospitality.

Melfort
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I cannot say enough good about this facility. My sister's wedding was in Melfort recently. The Canalta provided lodging for her guests. The rooms were clean and beautiful. The best part, however, was the service guests received. They went above and beyond in so many ways to many guests. Lost keys were returned next day where other hotels lost items are never seen again. They called up to ensure everyone was checked in and comfortable. They provided local information and assistance. All with a smile!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I am so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. My team definitely knows the value of legendary hospitality and It is great that you experienced that during your stay. I will definitely pass on your comments and thanks again for taking the time to let us know how we are doing.

Thompson, Canada
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Very nice room, very clean, good variety at the breakfast buffet! The customer service was excellent. Stayed 1 night and would definitely stay again. It is conveinintly located right beside Boston Pizza and a Tim Hortons.

Room Tip: Ask for the side by Boston Pizza, there is a rail line on the other side.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I would like to thank you from my team and myself for taking the time to review our property. It is your comments and concerns that inspire us to make any necessary changes to remain the leaders in our respected markets. Hopefully we get to be of service to you again in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Great room, very clean, enjoyed the variety of the very good breakfast customer service was awesome. Stayed 3 nights and would definitely stay again. Loved the fact that it was next door to Boston Pizza. Good job.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review . We appreciate all feedback and are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Vancouver
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is our second time visiting Melfort as we have dear friends who live here. We were so very pleased with the Canalta. Beautiful hotel with great and friendly staff who work there, laundry facility on site, nice breakfast, super clean and well-maintained. I loved this hotel! Nothing compares to it. Seven years ago we attended our friend's wedding in Melfort and stayed at the Travelodge. My husband and I walked over there to eat at a restaurant next door and was shocked at the decline of this place. We're so glad we stayed at the Canalta!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Darrelynn F, General Manager at Canalta Melfort, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoy staying with us. My team takes their commitment to customer service very serious and it is great to see we are hitting that mark. Thanks again and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Darrelynn Fair CHS

Been to Canalta Melfort? Share your experiences!