“Nice to have a new hotel in Melfort”
Review of Canalta Melfort

Canalta Melfort
Canalta Melfort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Melfort
Reviewed February 8, 2013

This new hotel is a nice step up from any hotel in Melfort. The customer service was good and the breakfast had something for everyone. We enjoyed being able to select movies (for free) from reception after a long day. The hot tub is quite nice, but we couldn't get the steam room to work, which was probably a user error rather than a real problem. For us, it was worth the extra $20 a night to stay here.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed here in January, 2013. Weather was awful as it was 48 below with the wind chill but within the hotel it was warm and hospitable. Forgot my block heater cord and the staff even provided me with one free of charge. Rooms are clean and spacious with a great walkin shower. Beds are comfortable and have flat screen TVs in the rooms which was nice. Huge hottub which was great after coming in from the frigid temps!

Continental breakfast was really good and if you are a Timmy's freak there is a Horton's a very short walk away. Boston Pizza just across the parking lot as well.

Staff really bent over backwards to help whenever ask!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Darrell M
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Finding a place this nice in Melfort was a pleasant surprise! During a recent stay for the Men's curling provincials it was nearly 50 below outside, so the Canalta was an excellent place to spend time indoors. It was clean, comfortable and cozy. Spacious rooms, hot tub and fitness room made for a pleasant stay, and the breakfast every morning was fantastic. The friendly staff there even lent us an electrical cord so we could plug our vehicle in during such extreme cold nights. If we ever visit Melfort again, it will be an easy decision as to where to stay! Thanks to those who helped make our stay there so enjoyable!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Brand new hotel. Very nice staff, very clean everything. The popcorn and cookies and breakfast are all excellent. We had nothing bad to say about this place. I don't believe there is anything in Melfort that would come close to this hotel. I would say it would be great to have a pool, however Melfort has a wonderful Wave Pool/aquatic center. A great stay overall.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed at the Canatla in Melfort for a month while working in the area. We do a lot of travelling and have stayed in many differenct hotels for extended periods. All the staff members at the Canatla made us feel right at home; even greeting us with cookies FRESH from the oven upon arrival (really)! Everyone went out of their way to make us feel like home and the amenities from the hot tub to the gym were fantastic. Will be back next time we are in town!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Wow - I was so impressed by this hotel! Going to Melfort, I was not expecting a hotel like this. Everything is brand new - excellent decor, friendly staff, amazingly clean! The great continental breakfast was a wonderful bonus. The first hotel I have stayed at where there was an option for a room with 3 queen beds - at the same price as 2 queen beds. Excellent quality - I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I had the privilege of accompanying my husband for a few days while he attended business meetings in the Hotel's meeting room during the day. I was impressed immediately with the friendly staff and the rich clean decor. Much thought has been put into this hotel which made me feel like I was at a mini spa. I didn't even leave the Hotel for the two nights and days we were there. I brought my lap top and was impressed with the speed of their connection. The beds and pillows were much coveted as I packed up to leave at the end of the week. The hot tub was huge and I was able to use it on sore muscles. The exercise room had just the treadmill I needed. Spacious screened t.v. Very good continental breakfast. I would recommend this Hotel number one. Who would have thought such a small town would have such a "big" city Hotel. In fact it is nicer than any we have encountered in Canada or the U.S. at this price point.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Darrelynn F, General Manager at Canalta Melfort, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on trip advisor. We appreciate all feedback and are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We do feel that we go out of our way to ensure that every guest has a legendary experience at our hotel and can't wait to visit us again.
Thanks again for your kind words and I sure hope to see you again in the future.
Yours in Hospitality,
Darrelynn Fair

Been to Canalta Melfort? Share your experiences!