“clean and nice” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Meadow Lake
Bowmanville, Canada
“clean and nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed here with a friend and her family (two kids under 3 and husband) overnight as her husband was working and we all came along for the trip.
The pool is nice nicer if the water slide was actually working as it was such a tease for the kids. We spent most of our swimming time in the hot tub since the pool was so cold!

The breakfast is nothing special but gets the job done! Overall it was a very nice stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

No issues here. I had a King Business Class room. Very clean, lots of room, new flat screen TV. And best of all for you coffee drinkers. An In Room Keurig Coffee Maker. Attached restaurant and Small Bar. Ice cream shack in the parking lot.
Enjoyed my stay. Absolutely stay here again

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank George F
Trevor B, Manager at Super 8 Meadow Lake, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your feeback on your most recent stay in Meadow Lake.

We are glad you enjoyed our recent renovations including new furniture, flat screen TV's and all new bedding including duvets.

Look forward to seeing you on your nexy visit to Meadow Lake
Red Deer
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have stayed at this property before and love the comfort of the bedding - that is really appreciated after a long day out and about. On this visit we had put the 'do not disturb' tag on the door while we were getting ready and then removed it prior to leaving (10:30am). When we returned at the end of the day the room had not been cleaned at all. When we left for the day we had put our wet towels, etc on the floor in the bathroom however the bathroom door would not stay open without being propped with something (which I hadn't done anticipating the housekeepers would soon come) and because of that when we returned the room smelled wet and musty - the bathroom was unbearable. I had to make the beds, tidy the room and go and get fresh towels/supplies. The front desk said that housekeeping left a note saying the 'dnd' tag was on the door. I was disappointed as I assumed that they would check back again to see if the tag was gone - it wasn't as though it was on very late in the morning (10:30 in a hotel seems reasonable to me). Aside from the lack of housekeeping, and the bathroom door not staying open without a prop, I was satisfied with the stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

The Super 8 Meadow Lake Management and staff want to say Thank you for
your review.

We appreciate all the feedback we receive.

We have addressed your issues with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen in the future.

Goodsoil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I always stay at this Super 8 while working over the weekend. Beds are comfortable and hotel is quiet which is important since I have to get up early and go to work. I appreciate the in room fridge where I can keep my water etc cold. The staff are always welcoming and remember my name since I have stayed there more than a dozen times over the last few years.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business