“Great Meal Out!”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Estevan's premier steak & seafood fine dining restaurant
“Great Meal Out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Had to make the time to write a review after a wonderful meal out at Granby's last weekend. My wife and I had a rare night out without kids and we were thrilled with our dining experience from start to finish. First of all such a treat to start the evening with a complimentary basket of hot from the oven fresh baked bread. I enjoyed the bread and a very flavourful tomato basil soup with a nice cold glass of Heineken. My wife enjoyed her house salad with beautiful greens and a delicious citrus house dressing. She shared her salad and it was excellent quality. Plus this was also complimentary with her entree as was my soup. We decided to splurge on the slider appies, so glad we did. So moist and flavourful, such a fun little appie to split. My wife is not normally a burger person but loved these little sliders. For our main entree I went for the sirloin steak with baked potato. It was very tasty, cooked well, and I love having all the garnishes for my baked potato, including real bacon versus synthetic bacon bits that you would be offered many other places. My wife ordered off the fall menu, I believe it was called "three mushroom chicken". She was over the moon with the chicken which was pan seared on the outside, moist on the inside, topped with a very flavourful reduction. She paired it with the Parmesan mashed potatoes and was thrilled with her choice. It is really enjoyable that there is a special menu for each season to compliment Granby's solid menu. Yvonne was our server and she was very good to us. The wine list was great and offered some really nice selections by the glass. My wife enjoyed a Mission Hill Chardonnay. Bottom line, It is so nice to go out for that rare date you get with young kids at home and just get to have such a thoroughly enjoyable experience and such excellent food and service. We look forward to being back soon.

Visited November 2013

“Granby's is awesome.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Granby's has been my favourite place in Estevan for YEARS! I agree with some of the comments about the "dated appearance" but honestly I really like it. It's got mostly private booths - I think it's charming - not dated. Most importantly their food is not "dated".
I don't agree with comment "Estevan's attempt at fancy." It's a nice place to eat, they have wonderfully prepared dishes that are executed properly. I guess it depends where you are used to eating?! This is no fast food joint ;)
It's a family run business, and you can tell by the presence of the owners most nights. The food is spot on perfect 9/10 times. They are constantly improving and changing their menu.
This is a great spot for your weekly "date night", a business dinner or a girls wine and appies night out.

• Visited November 2013
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had a fabulous experience at Granby's, the tenderloin was perfect, friendly service, and have a menu with something for everyone! Will eat here again for sure!

• Visited July 2013
Wainwright
“High priced poor quality”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

I ordered room service from this restaurant. the steak was average at best very overpriced. I would not order again.I should of asked for a refund but was tired and had long days. I hope the Days inn does something about this as it is connected to the hotel, I would go to Eddies insted

• Visited February 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Estevan's attempt at fancy...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Let me say that the food here is really good compare to the other restaurants in town that are a bit lacking. I had their seasonal salmon dish and was delighted with the flavor. The salads are good but the bread they bring to the table is not baked fresh...tastes frozen. The decor doesn't match the menu...country decor and with linen menu?

• Visited December 2012