“Tiny, filthy rooms!”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Estevan
MOOSE JAW
“Tiny, filthy rooms!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I booked this hotel for an over-night stay with my husband who is working down near Estevan. I figured since it was the newest and most expensive hotel that it would be the very best. WRONG!

The girls at the front desk were very friendly and welcoming, which was really the only good thing about this place. The rooms are so unbelievably TINY that you can hardly turn around in them, hence the name MICROtel. The bed was the most uncomfortable thing I have ever slept on and I could hardly get out of bed the next morning because of a sore, aching back. And don't even get me started on how disgusting and filthy the room and bathroom was!!! The carpets were dirty and unvacuumed and there were a whole bunch of toe/fingernail clippings all over the bathroom floor!!! How unhygienic and utterly disgusting! I could've thrown up! The barhroom floor is a very dark color so there is no way the maid couldve missed them.

The shower was also very dirty and didn't look like it had been cleaned at all. There were pieces if who-knows-what and some kind of residue all over the floor if the shower. Obviously the maid did not clean the bathroom, probably just made the bed which leaves me to question whether I was sleeping on unwashed sheets. Very expensive (almost $200/nite). Def would NOT recommend!

• Stayed January 2013
Al S, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Estevan, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us and please accept our sincerest apologies for your experience. We take pride in our product and in our customer service levels and it is unacceptable that we fell so short in delivering a clean and comfortable stay.

I have spoken with our housekeeping department and we have taken corrective action to ensure this will not re-occur.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Regards,

Al S.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Castor, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed at the Microtel as the last hotel in a three day straight road trip from Arkansas to Alberta. Having read the reviews here we were hoping for a wonderful experience with a new hotel hoping to make an impact. They are pet friendly and placed us first in a suite on the first floor. The room had two queens and only allowed guests to walk single file between the foot of the beds and the desk/tv. The bathroom was filthy with dark brown smudges on the wall behind the bathroom door, a dark ring in the bath tub, white splatters across the front of the bathroom door. Splatters behind the sink faucet, the tub didn't have a plug in it.... it was left on a shelf to be screwed in, there were dents and chips in the paint in the bedroom area, greasy hand prints on the wall, and to top it off, a brown smudge of filth of some sort on the sheet of the bed hidden by the foot runner. On bringing this up to the clerk we were moved upstairs but in doing so no longer had a fridge in our suite forcing us to toss the items that we had brought with us that required refrigeration. My youngest son inquired about the swimming pool however, was told it was closed..... apparently others were allowed to use it though as other patrons were heading in and were still there when we were transferred. The Manager, Al, was very receptive to the feed back though, and did offer us a discount. In the morning the boiled eggs seemed off, the cups for the juice were very small, and the waffle remained untouched by my son after one taste. For a new hotel we were very much let down.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ypperin1
Al S, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Estevan, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for your comment and again, my sincere apologies for the poor experience you had at our property.

We take great pride in our product and our customer service. To see cleanliness fall short of any guests expectation is absolutely unnaccpetable to us and to any of our guests. Fortunately, our night auditor was able to find you a room that was clean to standard however, I understand that the room itself did not meet your requirments being short of fridge and microwave. It is part of our upgrade planning ot have all rooms equiped with fridge and microwaves within the next few weeks,

I am glad that we came to a resolution about your concerns and the quality of your stay. We sincerely hope that you will give us the opportunity to showcase what we are truly about when you come back through Estevan.

Again, thank you for voicing your concerns, your opinion is unvaluable to us.
Regina, Canada
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This new hotel offers everything one would need when travelling for business or pleasure. The rooms are very nice, beds comfortable and the quiet, friendly atmosphere made my stay enjoyable. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel when travelling to the Estevan, SK area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AlDWilson
Al S, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Estevan, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at the Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Estevan. We take extreme pride in offering to all of our guests a great and memorable experience.

Thank you for your comments on our friendly staff and our beds!

We hope to see you again at the Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Estevan on your next trip to our beautiful city.

Warm regards,
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Great to have a new hotel choice in Estevan. The hotel is brand new and gorgeous in its design and warm appeal. From the curb it is really interesting and when you walk inside, it's really impressive. The hotel rooms are spacious and functional. Love the large working desk with great lighting, the super comfy beds and the design of the bathrooms - lighting really great here too! Really feels like home only better! The hotel staff are super friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast offers great nutritious choices. Even though the pool and waterslide weren't yet open, I can hardly wait to enjoy those facilities next time. The fitness centre more than enough. Lots of free vehicle parking. My new home away from home.

Room Tip: everything is new new new, clean and lovely. Not sure what direction I was facing, but even with bu...
1 Thank cdbhospitality
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Estevan. We take extreme pride in offering each and every client a memorable experience. Thank you for your specific comments on the complimentary HOT breakfast that we offer every morning.

We are also all very excited about the new contemporary designed bathroom that features a unique shower experience. Thank you also for the comments regarding our beds. We know that the most important benefit to a client is a good night's sleep.

We hope that you when you return to Estevan you will stay with us again, as our Waterpark area is officially open!!

Warm regards,
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Great stay at the Microtel Estevan. Everything was fantastic right from check-in, Allison was very fast, efficient and friendly!! The room is very modern and CLEAN! I used the fitness center every morning during my stay and the equipment was top notch. The breakfast that the hotel provided was also very good - they served hot items (eggs&bacon) and really helped me get a good start on my day. I was also pleasantly surprised that each day during my stay, there was a different hot breakfast items offered. I can hardly wait until the swimming pool is opened as I will be back!

1 Thank A W
Thank you for your great comments on your recent stay at the Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Estevan. We take pride in offering to all of our guests a memorable stay from their great experience in our fitness center, breakfast area and finally having a great night sleep. Thank you for your comment regarding Allison and I will ensure that I pass on these comments to her and her direct Supervisor.

We hope to see you again on your next trip to Estevan.

Warm regards
Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at this motel because everything else was booked up in Estevan, Sask. and it was brand new. the pool wasn't even finished. The rooms were excellent, close to restaurants and the staff was friendly.

2 Thank riccobee
Al S, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Estevan, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for the great comments! I will make sure to pass your praise to our staff. We take great pride in our product and the quality of the service we provide. The hotel is now completely finished and guests are definitely taking advantage of our swimming pool and waterslide!!

We look forward to seeing you again!