“A really great meal”
Review of Bistro Beaux Lieux - CLOSED

Bistro Beaux Lieux
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Inspired cuisine, Bistro Beaux Lieux proposes extraordinary sensoriel experiences!From Bistro's classical recipes, as is the Flank steak to weekly creations like the pan seared scallops on new potato, zucchini, chanterelle, fresh pea, corn and thym in a fish stock.Everything is home made, no microwave oven, no preservative or artificial flavors; only real food made from scratch!At le Bistro Beaux Lieux, take your time and enjoy true food, no stress, with as sole concern… happiness!
Reviewed June 14, 2011

My husband and I ate here on the recommendation of our hosts at Le Pleasant Hotel & Cafe up the road (equally great food). We each had starters and a main course and we were both delighted with the quality of the food and the service. The portions were very generous (well, for British visitors anyway!) and the prices proved good value. The restaurant is set back off the road so easy to miss but inside it is a lovely atmosphere and was doing a really good trade for a Sunday night. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed June 9, 2011

Unique decor, friendly service and interesting and fun food. The bavette and fries were the best I ever had. Deserts are also excellent. Reservations a must!

Reviewed February 20, 2011

We had heard that this bistro served exciting creative food. This is not our experience at all. I ordered salad and was served soup instead, which I returned. The salad I then got was just a bunch of lettuce in a soggy too salty oil/vinegar mess. My husband could not finish his French onion soup - boringly bland and too salty.
My rabbit dish was a brown piece of tasteless meat, on a brown stoggy "risotto" drowned in brown salty sauce. Even the few carrots were brown. My husband ordered the lamb shank, and it was too salty and served in the same brown sauce, save for a few splotches of yogurt.
All the while, the chef (who should have been, say, in the kitchen) was out drying wine glassed and wiping down tables, while socializing with the patrons (obviously his underpar minions were doing the "cooking").
We could not even order a half litre of wine (only by the glass or the bottle) to drown out this sordid meal. Needless to say, we got out of there as fast as we could. Heck, if the meal was any indication, dessert and coffee would have been a disaster as well (probably brown and salty too).
Save your money - don't go there.

Reviewed September 18, 2010

The Beaux Lieux had been refered to us with enthousiasm but our experience was unfortunately average. Our entrées were good; tartare was good and the goat cheese and fresh figs were too. It's the main courses that ruined the whole thing with a lamb submerged by the mustard flavour and a do-it-yourself endive salad that didn't use the potential of it's ingredient. Generally, the food lacked of subtility coupled with a salty bill left us with deception.
Otherwise, we liked the bistro ambiance and the service was ok.

Reviewed September 9, 2010

My husband and I, and another couple visited in August. The food, atmosphere and service was absolutely first class.

My husband and one of my friends had their burger, and both proclaimed that it was the best burger they had ever tasted. I had the salmon appetizer, and as I sit here 6 hours south in New Jersey, one month later, I am trying to figure out a way to get back up to Sutton to order that dish again. And this is after having a night out at a highly ranked NYC french restaurant last weekend--I'm still thinking about that salmon at Bistro Beaux Lieux.

The atmosphere is great. There is some out door seating and the interior adorable. The wait staff was wonderful as well.

1  Thank gaudifan