“terrible disappointment will never be back”

Quality Hotel Centre de Congres
Cleden-Cap-Sizun, France
“terrible disappointment will never be back”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

we wanted to reserve 3 rooms for new years eve for 5 persons but they were full and only had a suite left with a closed bedroom with1 bed , and another one with 1 sofa bed and we ask for a extra bed which they told us they had comfortable ones so they were no problems so when we arrived there was no extra bed we ask on our way to diner and the lady told us there was no problems as they still have plenty.....on our way back we had a bunch of sheets and blankest and no bed, so we asked what happen and we got answered that they didn't have anymore. no other explanation , no offer to do something to accommodate us....so my dad end up leaving for a 1h30 drive before the new year and we went all to bed at 11h.....sofa bed was awefull springs coming out curve in the middle....it was inconstant temperature so we freeze n sweat all night.....we just hope we wont be charged for the fifth person!!! i DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL AT ALL, ARROGANT SERVICE FOR THE LEAST WE HAD AND HAD TO RUN THE ENTIRE HOTEL TO FIND CHARIOT FOR MY LUGGAGE. it was a unique moment for our family to meet again as we all live far from each other.....Ruined.

Room Tip: anywhere but here
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Korean first
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I had booked this hotel because it offered a "grand promo" rate( 2 nights for 49.00 and the rest for 99.00) for anyone who was attending the military graduation. I myself am a student so this was great compared to other hotels. I was quoted at 549.00 when I made reservations about 2 weeks before. When I arrived from the airport I was informed by the receptionist that I was now paying 749.00 because of a "mistake" when they booked my reservation. And I had to pay upfront right then and there. When I got to my room it was less than average without an iron or ironing board, I went to eat supper one evening and found that the restaurant wasn't even open on the weekends and only for short periods of time during the weekdays. When I did eat there the same menu was for lunch and supper, and it had only about 7 choices of meals which were on both menus. Upon my checking out I spoke with the manager about my cost of the room. She said I was only charged 50.00 more (because only one night could be rated 49.00 for the grad instead of 2), argued with me that I did not have to pay an extra 200.00, did not even try how to explain the extra cost (taxes maybe?), and said 'the best I can do is refund you 49.00. Do you have your credit card?' in an extremely rude tone. I think what really bothers me is that they didn't even have the decency to call me and inform me of the change. They just 'made a note on the file to inform the customer when she gets here'. I had to budget for this trip and I was never more dissatisfied with service before in my life. Terrible.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Mdpoole20
New Brunswick, Canada
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Very friendly and efficient check in at 2 AM, even got a discount because our son was graduating from the military,but downhill from there. The maid service was non-existant, and we were told that because we slept in until 9:30, it didn't get done. Room was dated, and the heat didn't work, and being December, it was a bit cold! Desk staff didn't seem particularly interested. They had lots of business between holiday festivities and the graduation at the military facility, and the day shift people didn't seem to care. There are other options in St. Jean, and I would likely try another if I were to stay in the area again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Jayemwright

Travelers are raving about these Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu hotels

Surrey, Canada
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I arrived at around 1:30 am, so all I wanted to do was check and go to bed. The clerk was very prompt and efficient (I had the feeling I was the last arrival of the evening), and extremely polite. The room was a good size, and absolutely spotless, even to the point of their being no dust on the plug-ins (I am a hospitality student, so I check these things).

I had only two small problems -- I had to move the nightstand to find a grounded outlet to charge my laptop, and the toilet ran all night long. Closing the bathroom door took care of the noise problem, but in a hotel which has adopted a water conservation program vis-a-vis laundry, this seemed to be more wasteful than asking for clean towels.

I had breakfast in the restaurant my first morning, and Helene epitomized excellent service, being prompt, courteous, and attentive without smothering.

The front desk were uniformly courteous, professional, and bilingual, much appreciated by this bilingual anglophone when I ran into the gaping deficiencies in my French vocabulary.

Even the housekeepers were cheerful and professional. I would certainly recommend this hotel for anyone travelling in the region.

Room Tip: If you like to wake up early in the morning, request a room overlooking the river, as you will also...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Gatineau
Reviewed October 12, 2011

We were there for my uncle 60th wedding anniversary. We stayed overnight. We had a suite on the 8th floor. The room was very spacious, the bed confortable and the view from the window was amazing. The internet was free and fast. There is 2 restaurants across the street, Casa grecque and Chez Cora. We woke up to hot air ballon in the sky. Beautiful view. We would definitely go again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Toronto
Reviewed October 12, 2011

We were there for a family event, and had rented multiple rooms - it was nice that the hotel made sure we were all together. I agree the electrical outlets could be more convenient, as well as the ice machines. Can't speak to the noise, we were dead tired when we went to bed and I didn't hear a thing. The food for the event was good, but plain - breaded breast of chicken with some sort of gravy, and it looked like the breast of chicken had been cut in two. Hotel is easy to find, our rooms had a view on the river which was nice, lots of parking. The room was spacious, 2 queen size bed. Breakfast the next day was a buffet, the staff was friendly and efficient e.g. to add a table for our group, or to serve coffee.

The staff was definitely very friendly and accomodating, made sure we were happy with our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the river side
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Rented their boardroom for a company meeting... It was great. Hotel has recently installed a beautifl digital signage system that dispayed our company name and meeting specifics, so our employees had no problem finding the meeting room. Free wifi worked very well, even with 15 people at the same time in the meeting. Our board room had digital signage screens outside, and a great 50+" flatscreen on the wall which we used several times for presentations. Service for coffee and refreshments was perfect. A big thank you to Nathalie who coordinated everything for us. I defintely recommend this hotel for business meetings.

• Stayed August 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu
Holiday Inn Express St. Jean sur Richelieu
Holiday Inn Express St. Jean sur...
#1 of 5 in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu
Best Western Hotel Brossard
ALT Hotel Quartier DIX30
ALT Hotel Quartier DIX30
#2 of 10 in Brossard

Been to Quality Hotel Centre de Congres? Share your experiences!