“In a hurry to come back!”

Auberge Du Lac Taureau
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Purchase my two nights at the hotel through Tuango (website for deals). Never had the chance to go at this place but wanted to for a long time. Was not disapointed.

The site is incredible. There's a lot of beaches around the hotel and walking trails. You feel alone in the world and the view is incredible.

The hotel is very comfy and clean. My room was a bit small but I don't complain since I know there's different range of room depending of the price you wish to pay.... I sleep very well. Because of far location in the wood (and mostly phone supplier with Rogers), I didn't have any cellular coverage in my room or in the Auberge. Didn't have any wi-fi either in my room but it was possible to go near the reception to be able to take e-mails.

The food was great (breakfast and supper). There's two restaurants (one more expensive and the other with regular pricing). We tried both. The supper (and Paul's service) was great at the more expensive restaurant. Nice choice of menu. I'm still dreaming about the "carre de biche" (square doe?). We also had supper at the bistro-bar and the lasagna was succulent. As for breakfast, the choice of food was very impressive. Ate very well.

It was a rainy week-end so we went at the pool. My only complaint would be that around the pool, there's only three long chairs and they are VERY hard on the butt.... They don't want us to stay to long around the pool!!!!

I'm looking to come back with my children next time. I would like them to live the experience. Absolutely.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OnlyMe48
There are newer reviews for Auberge Du Lac Taureau

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had some trouble booking this place. They said no availibility when I wanted, but online it said avaiable. I call back and they said they where in shift change to call later. I call later and they said all is booked! I check for another date which is available online, then call them. Too busy will call me back. Never called back. I callded next day, all is booked! So I email the manager and he booked us for another date and gave us an upgraded room. How to say this... Good and Bad! The room was amazing, never had something like that. But I am now used to this room! When I called back to book another trip, this room is an extra 200$ something per night compared to regular room!!! Guess I was lucky to get that room.
The place is superb itself. Lost in the middle of nowhere, very quiet. The structure or the buildings are all in wood and very nice to look at. Plenty of space on the beach and chairs everywhere so you can sit quietly. You can use some canoe, kayak or rent SeaDoo or Pontons. They say you can have plane tours, but they need to book 10 people and there is no waiting list! The pool is quite old and would need some repairs. The spa is always full, whish there would be another one outside!
We tried the breakfast buffet. Wow! Everything is freshly made (jam made every day!). They try to use all local produce. Plenty of choice.
The 1st night we tried the resto-bar. We had a nice burger which was quite decent price.

Will go there couple more times for sure. But if you can upgrade from the standard forester room, do it!

ALso, when booking, the website is quite weird, you don't really know whats included or not. The way it is made, you think the breakfast is always inlded which is not. Some prices are for the night (room) others are per person. You should call to confirm what is included.
Also if you need more info on the room (fridge or other) select dates, select the room and expand to get more details! You will find all you need there!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the lake are usually better.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank realbob666
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Just got home from a lovely weekend at this hotel. Yes the rooms are a bit "tired", but were clean when we arrived. Could do a better job supplying towels and little extras.....but all in all it was just fine. I do have to comment on the food.....it was excellent. We enjoyed the one lunch we had at the hotel and certainly the food at the two dinners was flawless. You have to be open a different kind of relaxed multi-course dinner......we went with another couple and deliberately all got different dishes so were able to try alot of the menu. we had the bison which was delicious....the seafood was fabulous....steak (marinated) so was tender and tasty.....the special of a portabello mushroom stuffed with shaved ostrich and vegetables....surprisingly delicious....veal was tender and also delicious.....appetizers were also very good......our hats off to the chef.....your food made our experience a culinary delight!! The price we paid was a package deal....hotel.....two breakfasts(also very good)....two dinners each which noted above exceeded our expectations...two visits to the spa for the wives and a round of golf for four.......champagne in the room.....all in all a good deal.......who could have asked for more....except an additional couple of days!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank daisymae47
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Just came back this week end - the site is nice and so are the rooms but definitely overpriced. Avoid the restaurant - the food is very disappointing and if you think the rooms are overpriced, it`s nothing compared to the restaurant. ** meal for about $200 with wine. Soup and bread was good. Very sad - they are riding on their reputation alone but it will bring them so far.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chantal_C
Reviewed July 11, 2013

nice place , great landscape , correct service , regular room , clean , cool beach for take a walk , great breakfast but coffe was terrible , pool need a lot maintenace , you can rent a boat o take a kayak . overpriced .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank javier j
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Juste arrive today played tennis, gone to the beach a bit cold but enjoy it... Lots of family. Great site trails on the beach for the romantics. Booked for supper hoping its better then lunch at the bar. Bison burgers dry as can be and the chicken fingers same.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank SheraX
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I liked the decor...all the wood logs with a touch of modern. The view on the lake and fountain at the restaurant was beautiful. However, the food was not super great...it was good, but I have had better. Also, the vinyl around the swimming pool was dirty...haven't they heard of vinyl cleaner? Also in the swimming pool area, one spa hot tub had dirty vinyl and the one that looks like a small swimming pool had paint peeling from the sides. I think they need to renovate the swimming area. As for the room, everything was great. It was pretty, clean, and functional. We had a massage at the spa...I thought it was expensive ($90 for one hour (+ the tip) when most massage therapists charge $60), but my insurance covered most of the cost...I saw the beach but we went in the Spring, so it was not open...Overall, we had a nice experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 6 in Saint Michel des Saints
L'Auberge CanadAventure
L'Auberge CanadAventure
#5 of 5 in Saint Michel des Saints

Been to Auberge Du Lac Taureau? Share your experiences!